Black Cockpit screens

I had a long msfs break since sept. and after a purchase of new airports I was planning to make some flights today. Oh wonder of course they updated the sim and it was clear to me, thats now going to make some problems! Indeed, now my planes have black screens. Even if I start on the rwy every screen is black. I have adjust my settings by Use Generic Plane Models (AI Traffic) – set to “on” as it was before. Nothing changed! Some explained it is an battery issue and they recommend to Set Ground Aircraft Density = 0. Also set but nothings changed. Really MSFS devs, shame on you. It is always the same pain in the ■■■. Instead of enjoying a flight I have to waste my time to fix bugs that you generated with your last update! For now I will close msfs and try again in some months. That’s a good lesson, next time I will wait for years to buy the next msfs!!

Your bad experience occurs because you had the long break. There were so many little changes that occur here and there since then. The rest of us has the luxury of making those minor adjustments as we go along, so those issues and bugs are much more manageable.

You, on the other hand, took a long break. So all that unresolved issues get dumped in one go to you. Creating this false sense of gamebreaking bugs.

I don’t think this will help you improve your experience. Like I said, if you’re getting all that bad experience because of the massive pile of unresolved issues due to your absence, if you close it now and try again in some months. You’re gonna come back and repeating the same bad experience since you’ll get a new pile of unresolved issues from this point on until you come back.

Mate thanks for your feedback. For my understanding you are telling me we are testing and bug fixing the game as in a alpha or beta phase? I spent more than 100 euros for this simulator that is not running well anymore. Now I have to manage all bugs and issues to make it run well again? I have removed all asobo-vcockpits-instruments folders and let it install again. Now on rwy start works again, but c&d still let the screens black. After wasting my half day with that, I will switch to turn if off and maybe someone I will run the sim again. Meanwhile nobody will get some money from me.

Depends on your point of view I suppose. We all spent more than 100 dollars/euros for this simulator. So if you think it’s not worth it, then it’s not worth it. But when you stop now and not coming back until months later, then you would already be wasting that 100 euros that you spent. It’s money gone and you’re not using it at all…

Me on the other hand, has a different point of view because I already spent more than 100 dollars on this sim just like everyone else. I’m milking it for all the time I can get out with. Whatever problems I experience, I face them, I make solutions, I make it work. I think I have about 300 hours on this sim from launch day that’s specifically filled with A320 flying with a total of almost 400 hours. I still fly the A320 in the sim now. That’s like $0.33 per hour that I spent on this sim to fly the A320, or an average of $0.25 per hour in total. The more I use the sim, the lower that hourly price that I’ve paid. So that’s just how I look at it.

I guess it’s just a different mindset between the two of us. You see $100 spent to be entitled for a fully working bug-free sim from the start, and anything short of that means it’s a waste of money. Which is fine. Me, I see my $100 spent for the time Invested in flying in the sim, whatever it is and however the state is. I’m paying for my time flying. And with that, I’ve already got my money’s worth, and any fixes and improvements they make going forward, is just bonus of better experience for me, for free.

2 Likes

Ok, it should be a pleasure for Asobo to have customers like you. For me in my point of view I paid for a product that feels like beta but paid the full price. And in my opinion thats not acceptable. Im feeling like the customers have to distribute much more than just the money they want and Im not ready for that. I pay for a running product as it was, now they updated the sim diff times and its not working again. Any spending is in my opinion an investment - like a business. Thats a benefit or value where I spend my hardworked money to get intertaint. But if I miss the entertainment this investment was a big mistake. If you feel entertaint fixing their bugs, thats ok. But I dont! So, for my point of view Im not going to spend one penny anymore in third party addons or whatever before this sim is working as it shall. By the way add to the 100 bugs I sepnt for msfs another several hundreds for third party addons - even they are frustrated because the devs are releasing changes all the time. This product is not done yet!

In all fairness, for those that don’t know, or don’t remember, every flight simulator for a PC that has been released, has been in a similar state at this point.
Not one of them was very useable upon release, and MSFS was not that much different.
Since FS98, I’ve purchased them all upon release, and used (but didn’t own) earlier versions.
I haven’t had x-plane, but I followed it’s development, it was the same.
The big difference is the way ASOBO is trying to update things.
Microsoft took 6 months to issue the first patch for FSX (and yes, it did screw up a few things too)
It took a second patch, many month’s later, to make it reasonably flyable with default aircraft,
and FSX and its derivatives are still not great with default aircraft.

However, the disappointment is that MSFS promo’s made it seem like it was MUCH further along in it’s development than it really was, and we were all in awe of the scenery.
I know this probably doesn’t make you feel any better, but I felt folks should know that this is quite normal to be where we are in the creation of a flight simulator.

The good news is that in spite of the two steps forward one back it seems to be, we are making progress quicker than any flight sim I remember. Most of the default planes are already somewhat useable (some are actually quite good when you add the community mods).

Stick with it. At this rate, it shouldn’t take all that long, and this is going to be one heck of a sim.

Im sorry I agree, yes when simulators are launched they have issues… Always have been…

However in this regard the existing issues are not being fixed… They are focusing on updates and features like the Japan update and their patches are destroying what little parts of the sim still work.

I have the exact same experience where certain aircraft would power on for 30 seconds on the battery MAX before shutting down all electrics, then no matter what you do you CAN NOT get electrical power back. After the last patch/update now NONE OF THE AIRCRAFT have working electrical systems.

I am a commercial pilot in real life with over 2000 hours flying in 9 different countries. I have almost 20 aircraft on my licence and have been using flight simulators for 20 years. Never has a simulator launched with no issues… But they IMPROVED on their software, they didnt #### it up further with each patch or update.

From a visually stunning simulator at launch with a few quirks here and there, to a COMPLETELY UNUSABLE AND USELESS PIECE OF @)@&@&@).

The A320 had issues in the beginning but with every patch something different goes wrong with it… Because people only seem to ever use the A320 none of the other aircraft issues get looked at.

I have posted my issue on Zendesk, I have scoured the internet for solutions, I have emailed Asobo, etc etc.

100 euros for a Sim that had a few issues is one thing but being stuck with a 100 euro sim that is now literally unflyable is unacceptable.