Black Friday 2022: post your deals!

Yes, the 2 Saitek/Logitech quadrants I have aren’t of the best quality but to be fair I got them at a good price and they added a bit more immersion. I don’t regret buying them unlike the Saitek Yoke which I just couldn’t get on with and only used for about 3 weeks. It’s now just stuck in a cupboard unused.

I finally ordered the Honeycomb quadrant and it should be coming on Monday. Unbelievably (for me) I didn’t even bother looking at the dimensions and just ordered it. I gather though that it’s quite big. That said I’ve already thought of a few options so hopefully that shouldn’t be a problem :slightly_smiling_face:

The Saitek yoke is better if you take the pitch springs out of it and replace them with some elastic bands (video guides online). I’ve had mine for 10 years and finally modified it a few months back. Much better, BUT the small dead zone is still there with the potentiometers so it’s not the best for very fine control. So I fly better with a joystick, but for immersion in most civil aircraft I still use the yoke.

The throttles have been good to me over the years, but sadly one started to go very ‘spikey’ which the DC6 really does not need for its ongoing health of engine #2 :laughing:

Yes, the Bravo is rather large! My corner desk is slightly C-shaped and the Bravo is so wide that I have to mount my yoke a few inches to the left of centre to make it fit alongside. And I DID check the measurements before I ordered it a couple of months ago, but decided it was worth it.

1 Like

That picture of the Bravo doesn’t look like mine. Is that an old model?

In the States B&H also has some good deals on the Alpha and Bravo. EDIT: See someone pointed this out as well.

Ah Thanks. I been using it on game pass for over a year. I was looking to cancel game pass for now.

thats honestly rare. not even on sale on steam like maybe once a year…maybe

Good opportunity to get the outstanding content by Pyreegue. I didn’t buy Belfast though just because I avoid DLC above 2.5GB.

Also Zinnertek Enhanced graphics and 4Simmers liveries.

Ha … Plus one for you :slightly_smiling_face:

Well, I guess I’ll find out soon enough if it’s too big but at least now I’m ready for the challenge :+1:

1 Like

The HPG H145 is still on sale. Would you say that this is still a good buy since MS added helicopters to the base sim? I would only go for the base package and not for the action pack.

Fantastic deal here for a basic Thrustmaster joystick/pedal/throttle combo for just over $150:

I bought a similar package 2 years ago which provided the TFRP pedals with a Hotas X stick/throttle combo for just a few more dollars. I may be one of the few simmers that is still very happy with the TFRP pedals after all this time. Just my choice not to spend hundreds on another set of pedals when they still work and feel good with my HC Alpha and Bravo.

do they deliver to Germany?

A couple of the sales I mentioned in my post end today (Cyber Monday), so I wanted to offer up a reminder for anyone looking to snag a deal.

Just thought I’d mention that simmarket has the Arrow bundle at ~$28.50 as of 11/28/22.

Thank you for this. I ordered the bravo from B&H and it arrived the next day!

(Now I just need to figure out how to map the switches that are redundant from the alpha) :slight_smile:

Check out Youtubes by Rmag.

I started doing just that. Thanks!

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Flysimware Cessna 414A

I went ahead and purchased most of the landmarks and sceneries from the marketplace. Places that I know I’m never going to visit on real life.

I’m not sure tbh. It’s a fairly large UK retailer but, I would hazard a guess that it’s UK only. Even more so given that we have left the European Union (Blame the UK government for that fiasco, I wanted to forge closer links with our European neighbours tbh as did most Scots). :slight_smile:

Is there a mark 2?? I wasn’t aware of one. This is the only one I know of.