Black or red flashing screens on Garmin 1000 is rediculous now

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting. no

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it? no

Brief description of the issue: On 90% of flights with the Cessna 172, the G1000 screens turns black after a few minutes. They flash red occassionaly but never come back on. This is getting absurd.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered: Take off in the Cessna 172 at YSSY runway 34L. Program 110.10 into NAV1. Fly for a few minutes.

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #? will later

I figured it out. I started using the Honeycomb Alpha and didn’t realize the ignition switch was in the “start” position. That messes things up apparently.

1 Like

I thought I was going crazy with the screens going black and red directly after takeoff, never would have figured this out if not for your answer here. Thanks a million!

You’re welcome. If you’re interested in how I figured it out, it started by reading somewhere that the avionics bus power affects whether the Garmin is on. The next time the screen happened, I noticed that the avionics switch was turning itself off and on. I mean it was doing this visibly in the 3d cockpit. Then I noticed the ignition switch was moving back and forth. So I looked down at the Alpha and fiddled with the switches.

1 Like

Thanks, after seeing your explanation I noticed exactly the same in a flight with one of the smaller planes without any glass equipment, the ignition key kept turning. I would have never made the connection probably, it feels like an easter egg. Great stuff that the realism goes in such detail.