Black Square Steam Gauge Overhaul - Cessna 208B Caravan

The real issue here is not BitDefender or Safe Mode or other Windows issues. The real issue is Just Flight’s authentication system! I am not aware of any other supplier having these issues, only Just Flight.

Not everyone has these problems, but if there are enough people struggling to install these (great) products, we should combine to influence Just Flight to change their authentication methods.

I have version 0.1.4 installed, so I first uninstalled.

I then re-ran the installer to install it, and it succeeded.

This is on Windows 11, with Defender enabled.

Found the Smart App thing…it was already disabled. I also had uninstalled the previous version…had to use Revo as the Just Flight uninstaller also did not work…so now have nothing. I’ll see what happens next week and if not fixed I’ll ask for a refund due to lack of support. Hope Black Square decides to sell their products somewhere else.

Garry

Just in case someone has any ideas about how to resolve…here is the error message I get when either trying to uninstall or install a Just Flight product. I also tried to uninstall a different Just Flight product and got the same error message…so it affects all their products.

Garry
Install Error

That is really bad news Garry. The only other thing I can think of is to ask Just Flight to email directly to you a zipped copy of the INSTALLED product. They know you have paid for it, so you should not have to go through the authentication process. You could then just unzip or copy those “installed” files into your Community folder!

Otherwise we need to be able to contact Black Square directly. I can’t find any web site or contact details for them. Maybe someone else on this forum can help with those details?

Maybe it’s because of Sim Update 12, but I suddenly can’t get the Engine of the Black Square Caravan started anymore. I have Version 1.4.a installed. The Condition Lever on this Aircraft doesn’t seem to have any Effect. Even when I start with Engines already running on a Runway, there is no Fuel Flow, and the Propeller comes to a Stop after a While. I already uninstalled the Aircraft from the Windows App Manager, rebooted and did a clean install, but without any Effect. There wasn’t any Joystick or Throttle Hardware connected to my Computer during the Tests, I was just using the Mouse to control the Condition Lever on Startup.

did you try removing all other mods from your community folder ?
In case it s an add on conflict, the way to check this is only by emptying your community folder and see if issue persist, then bring back 50% of previously removed mods once you see the issue again, repeat the process by dividing the number of add on each time until you found the one causing the issue.

Yes, I tried with an empty Community Folder. No other Addons than the Black Square Analogue Caravan. Same Effect: No Fuel Flow at all. It also worked until last Week, and I haven’t installed any other Mods since then.

When I did the fresh Install of the Caravan, I wasn’t asked for a License- or Serial-Number. Is this correct, or may I have an authorization Issue here. If yes, how can I solve that?

it s correct, those data are asked only one time
0 active faillure ? those data save are bit tricky with a part I suspect to be in clouds and I m not sure uninstalling reinstalling reset everything,

The Weather Radar says: No active Failures.

And just to say it once: The Tanks are about 50% filled.

1 Like

well since I don’t see what can be wrong, I will avoid question about fuel valves etc, I understand your frustration, I will try to don’t add more to the situation.
did you open a ticket to JF ? maybe it s something wrong in the sim like in the content.xml or exe.xml that load older file that shouldn’t be load

edit : I noticed with SU12 FSUIPC have made an update recently could it be related to your issue ? are you using it if yes , do you run the last version ?

I don’t know if you use add-on linker but someone had an issue with the baron shutting down by his own, and not able to start like you ,
he found the issue, it was a shortcut left by add-on linker in the community folder like those
,I thought I should advice you since you seem to experience a similar behavior

Regards.

Well, even if the Weather Radar showed me “no active Failures”, and my Engines Health was at 100% I did a “Repair Engine” and “Reset all Failures” on the Radar Device, and now everything works again.

1 Like

Is anybody experiencing this issue with the weather radar image?

Disable the NEXRAD overlay on the GNS 530W.

1 Like

Thank you @Maki152 !
I’m having a couple more issues.
The autopilot will most of the times fail to maintain the pre-selected altitude and keep climbing indefinitely, unable to trim the nose down. I know that there is a limit on how much trim difference the autopilot can apply, but is this limit so narrow that it can’t level from a 1000 ft/m climb?

The other issue is that the autopilot ALT mode follows the analog altimeter BARO setting, ignoring the autopilot own BARO setting. In the manual, it is stated that the autopilot has its own BARO

don’t you have a continuous red trim alert on the AP annunciator panel ? When this occur, it s like a trimaway error I thought, what I do is disconnecting the autopilot readjust the trim, then it’s fine, I thought it s a real occasional faillure of the kap140, don’t quote me on this I may be wrong I don’t remember where I have read this
from C208 POH :

AP when arm APR , it can’t auto established the ILS loc & gs ,I using PMS-gtn750,and set corract ILS frequency.

do you switch to nav mode or click cdi on the gps in order to get in vloc mode ? also with default pms50 not sure vertical guidance is fully supported

This seems to be an issue with the WT GPS systems, in that the AP Baro appears to be hard coded to be the Panel Altimeter.

While this “keeps it simple”, it does not cater for the situation where the plane to be simulated, has an AP that has it’s own Baro Reference, that can be set independently of the main Panels Altimeter’s Baro.

Applies to the Bendix KAP140 as well.

1 Like