BlackBox BN2 Islander V1.3.2 released!

Me too, maybe I’ll try reinstalling??

Ah, that makes sense - I haven’t tried the doors each time, but I’ve been loading up a different livery with each flight.

I can see why remote excursion bush flyers love this thing - easily buttered a grass strip in under 400’. I find it much more tame at low speeds than the grand caravan and the wide wheel base is awesome.

Please ignore my leaning comment from above - I found the egt gauge hidden behind the yoke - well done on the systems modeling!

This was a fun approach in southern Washington!

Bought it yesterday, very nice to hand fly and great sounding engines though I’m a little disappointed with some of the poor interior textures. The prop spinner, engine air intake textures, door frames and panelling are particularly noticable when sitting in the cockpit.

A modest improvement in texture resolution would definitely elevate the product. Are there any plans to give the textures and to a lesser extent the general model quality a tune-up at some point?

Also noticed the ammeter selector doesn’t seem to do anything and potentially the turn and bank indicator is not reading right?

I can’t seem to get the thing to indicate a standard rate turn. Even banked 40 deg the bank indicator sits half way between the level and standard turn indicators. Maybe I’m misunderstanding the way this is implemented?

Otherwise it’s a fun little plane to fly and I have to say again the engine sounds are really lovely and a highlight of the product.

1 Like

Just bought the islander and like it a lot,
Landed at airport, parked next to another one, when I opened my doors the other ones open also. Spooky!
Would like Loganair scheme!

1 Like

Yeah that happens :slight_smile:

Try flightsim.to for loganair

Thank you,
Don’t think that would work for loganair, I am using xbox x.

I would also like to own the Loganair livery.

Same as this Twin Otter.
Loganair Twin Otter - Barra Scotland

1 Like

I purchased the Islander a few days ago on the marketplace and I agree that it’s a very smooth and reliable plane to fly with.
I’ve met a problem with the altimeter calib knot, 3 times out of 4, when I click on the knob to change the pressure, the knob turns wildly counter-clockwise to some value as low as 27.xx Hg inches without being able to stop it. When AP is engaged and ALT set, this leads to a demential climb rate leading to stall.
It’s even worse when using the mousewheel.
This is the first plane that makes this trick, it’s rather boring and as I don’t like to use keyboards shorcuts to set the altimeter, it turns to be some kind of an issue.
Other then that, due to marketplace purchase, no kind of apron.flt to set values for cold & dark startup.
I hate entering the cockpit to find some rockers/switches already preset (tanks switches, fuel valves), I’m old enough to turn them on myself.

Picked this up the other day. I flew on a military one of these many years ago in the Middle East so it was a nice trip down memory lane.

Just trying to get to grips with the navigation on the GPS. I’m more used to the one on the SR22 which I have flown alot. On the BN2 how can I get it to display the course direction for the destination?

I’m guessing I need to manually tune the VOR for it or something right?

If you have your GPS NOT in VLOC (press the CDI button), the NAV1 displays your deviation in regard to the leg.
Also you can see it in the Display of the GPS and (think top left)

1 Like

Thanks. I take it there is nothing to display wind direction? As I often fly into small airfields that don’t have ATIS!

Windy - free app for your phone is pretty reliable - paid version is even more reliable

Atis no but I bet they got a windsock ? :stuck_out_tongue:

You could put a windsock on the front of the plane duck&cover

I must still be missing something. I switch it to GPS but the heading In the top left of the display never changes.

So for example if it has the heading for the airport at let’s say 175. Flying that along the line will get me over the airfield. But supposing I want to land on let’s say runway 22. Deviating off the path to line up doesn’t change the heading value in the top left. It stays the same constantly.

Hello. Not sure if this is what you’re looking for but are you looking for an OBS functionality to align the track to the chosen runway? The default MSFS garmin 530 doesn’t support this but there is mod that enables it here.

1 Like

I’ll check that out. Thanks! :+1:

hey guys, does anyone have a link to the blue and white Shetland livery for the Blackbox Bn-2 Islander?

Thanks!

sureley you dont mean the Built IN one ?

1 Like