Blackbox BN2 Islander Version 2.0 PC & Xbox Released in Marketplace

what would you like ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

it will be available on Marketplace just as soon as the Team can implement it …
I doubt a month but certainly not immediately

1 Like

Very true … but honestly we are not expecting many bugs…
we have a Brilliant test team and they are so ■■■■ picky its annoying LOL

4 Likes

I have to answer for him…lol… do228 or short 360. I think your team would do a great job on that style of aircraft. any way looking forward to whatever you bring out next.

1 Like

Looks like I’ll finally by buying this one!

Is a Short SC.7 Skyvan too similar to our beloved Islander and Trislander?

I like the idea of a funky turboprop.

2 Likes

I like your thinking.

1 Like

I’ll butt in there too if I may (although did much earlier re lists).
Your proven small prop a/c really invite another of similar ilk. Plenty of work is being done in jets, so leave them out of it.

1. SAAB340
  2. J31 or 41
  3. Metroliner 23
  4. S360 or S330
  5. ATP

these would be worthy I think, although I favour the 340 or J31 due to their speed and probably higher uptake.

Skyvan / bus / S330/360, or that insane Beagle B.206 twin.

Or a Dart Herald or a Viscount, but that’s a heck of a job :stuck_out_tongue: also involves turboprops, which are generally a source of complaint right now…

Edit: so does a Skybus of course, for some reason I thought they were piston.

Sheds please :grin: Got to love some Shorts :flight_departure:

Really pleased to see the love for Belfasts finest. I grew up looking over Sydenham and Harland & Wolff and these were a really big deal. The 360 and 330 demonstrators where always overhead and when the Sherpa won the US Army contract it was a huge thing for NI.

1 Like

I like the idea of the 330 and 360 for the developer. You should be able to use most of the assets from one to the other and sell 2 planes with 1 effort…ish. Cant wait for v2 though.

2 Likes

My absolute favorite regional turboprop… the Short Brothers 330. :slight_smile: I didn’t know she had so much love in here!

I picked up a book on Short aircraft and neglected to see if it included the 330/360 era. Yeah. It stops at the SC.7. :rofl: Neat little book though!

2 Likes

There’s a lady down the road ( I met in a tai-chi class… how the world works ) who was a captain for Jersey in the 80s on S360s, somewhat rekindled my interest in the odd things. Definitely one of those quirky birds like the Islander. Only issue is turboprop :frowning:

1 Like

I first discovered them when I worked a job at PHNL that had ramp access. Then I discovered that Hawaiian Airlines had 3 of them in the late 70s… it has been an obsession.:slight_smile:

Well, British civil aircraft are usually interesting, at least :stuck_out_tongue: ( admittedly the Jetstream & especially the 125 were good sellers ).

Have a look at a Beverley & compare to the Skyvan…

1 Like

Blackburn Beverly. :slight_smile:

Patiently waiting for work to finish (0200Z) so I can check out the final candidate of the Islander and make sure she’s all buttoned up.

3 Likes

Just hopped back in this yesterday after not having flown it in a while. I absolutely adore this airplane, and if v1 was anything to go by o absolutely cannot wait for v2.

As for the next plane, a Saab 340 is a great idea. To me there are too many odd ducks in MSFS, I think it would be nice to get something more mainstream. I don’t think of the Islander or the Twin Otter as odd planes, in many areas of the world you see tons of them. But to me it’s just weird all of the bizarre and unusual planes we have and yet no 340, no ATR (for example), no Embraer 120.

I’d like one of these. I love the 110, but I’d like a pressurized cabin for some more versatility in my flight planning.

Somebody has been working on a Saab 340B for a long time, but no mention of it in a year. That would be the aircraft I hope BBS makes next.

There were over 300 S330/360s plus 30-odd for the US military, so it’s hardly an odd duck ( and that’s not including the Skybus/van ). There’s only 450odd Saabs, it’s just a decade newer so there’s more still around.

Not many of that Embraer family ever made it to Europe - Jetstream 31/41 is a bit more international.