Blackbox BN2 Islander Version 2.0 PC & Xbox Released in Marketplace

Afraid so yes :frowning:
BUT I will be supplying a new paint kit so I am sure they will catch up

4 Likes

I think with a good amount of justified time and effort a lot can be achieved if you‘re willing to bypass the sim‘s sandbox. It depends what level you want to reach and where you want to sell it ^^ I‘m sure there are developers who would mercilessly throw a PT-6 into a skyvan and sell it for 30$ :sweat_smile: But Blackbox haven‘t made that impression to me ^^

1 Like

Fortunately they switched to the PT-6 for the S330 :wink:

Not that the PT-6 is without issue anyway
 but then so is everything, so we’ll take the best we can get.

1 Like

No plans to fix the missing VR zoom? It seems it is one of the three or four payware without it. It’d be an helpful point for VR users on the fence on whether to buy the 2.0 version.

If you care to reply to the question that is :slight_smile:

No need for the sarcasm :wink:
I am sometimes busy with a life

so, please explain Exactly what it is you require for the VR “Fix” and I will look at it asap ?

1 Like

If you care wasn’t sarcasm, as in if you cared to answer / found the question relevant to be fitted in such a big update with so much already going on :slight_smile:

If you check with any other airplanes (except the 3 - 4 which do not have it) you can use your mouse pointer in VR and use the (right or left cannot remember) click for the camera “quick zoom in” so one can easily read labels or use the GPS.

It seems such a great airplane and the update makes it even better, just the lack of this function make it not too useful in VR, the other one with the issue is the Seneca but Carenado is pushing an update soon with this fixed (added, sorted
how you want to call it :slight_smile: )

Thank you!

Edit: Didn’t quote you, sorry :slight_smile:

Great to see this little fun aircraft getting such an update. I flew it when it just came out, but the graphics weren’t on the same level as other aircraft that came out after it. So it got parked somewhere. Really interested to see what this major update will bring, and great service from Blackbox!

2 Likes

I got the BN2 a few days ago and have really enjoyed it, can’t wait for this very promising looking update. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

If you enjoy the current model, I believe (hope!) that you are going to love the v2.0. The sounds are really, really good stuff!

3 Likes

Regarding the “wobbling” prop spinners: the Flysimware 414AW had the same issue during the beta, and it was fixed during one of their updates. I don’t know exactly what they did, but the release note sounds like they changed a texture: “Blurry reflection on nose cones fixed.”

I thought about this yesterday as i spent all day installing and setting up all current available skins. The issue moving forward is not so much that the artists will “catch up” more than it is ver 1 and ver 2 skins being categorized together on Flightsim.to resulting in users downloading an older version that will not work without knowing it until they install the downloaded skin. That’s going to be the issue.

Yes, I’m loving the sounds

1 Like

I can’t wait!

@NightMercury358 Will the Marketplace allow you to reset your rating in order to compensate for what will be a massively improved aircraft??

Honestly, if that’s the biggest issue BlackBox Simulation is up against, I’d say they’re doing a good job.

1 Like

Agreed. And it’s not unique to BlackBox. The Simworks Kodiak also has the same issue. Just thought I’d mention that Flysimware was able to find a fix in case that’s helpful. I know some devs are willing to help each other solve issues.

100% - It would be nice. I mean, maybe it’s because I’m an old man now, but I look at the prop spinners and go “oh” and then look back forward. :rofl: Would it be visually pleasing if it was a nice, straight line that was rotating? Yes. In the grand scope of things though, I’d rather be able to say, "ok, it’s blah blah C OAT, I’m at such and such altitude, and I know if I put the MAP at so many "Hg, and the prop at that
 then I should see around so many knots indicated airspeed.

Prop spinners are literally 0.5% of my flightsim experience. :slight_smile:

but would it be nice to see it work all smoothly? Yes.

1 Like

enough already :frowning:

Bought the BN2 some time ago and I enjoyed it for a while and then other AC’s come along. I’m now going to get back into it in preparation for the update.

Hopefuly Blackbox are setting a trend with this revamp. Maybe there are other developers who could learn something.

Great Job Blackbox :+1: :clap:

8 Likes

Appreciated !

1 Like

I have had the BN2 for a while and liked it. Based on all the traffic on this thread, I bought the Trislander. Love it. Still wokring on mastering the Aspen instruments option.
Thanks.

1 Like