Blackbox Simulation BN2 Islander AI Planes showing up everywhere

Hi together,

does someone may know how to switch off the BBS BN2 Islander showing up as AI Plane?

It shows up as approx 60 Percent of all GA AI Planes which is not very realistic. As I bought it in the MS Shop it might be encrypted, or not? Or can I edit the aircraft.cfg somewhere?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Greetings.

This is common for any third-party aircraft you have installed. I see F-22’s, F-15’s, F-14’s and P-38’s around now, and the other day I landed at KSFO and taxied over to a gate, only to find a JU52 parked next door. :slight_smile:

I don’t think there is a user-configurable option to limit the percentage of 3rd party/mod aircraft will spawn, but there might be something in the .cfg file if you’re on PC. It might also be something worth asking about in a Wishlist post.

2 Likes

If you purchased the plane from a third party vendor, you should be able to edit the aircraft.cfg to keep it from showing up. It’s done by livery/variation, and it’s either on or off. In the aircraft.cfg, near the end of each [FLTSIM.x] section, is a line that reads “isAirTraffic =” followed by a one or zero. Zero turns it off. If the line is not there, I’m not sure what it would default to, but you could probably add it with a zero if needed.

3 Likes

Sorry for the late answer. Thanks for your answers.
Though I was aware of the editing of the “isAirTraffic =” Parameter in the aircraft.cfg I can´t find it anywhere in the aircraft folders.
I read somewhere else that the 3rd Party aircraft bought from the Microsoft store are encrypted in the OneStore Folder so you are not able to edit the cfg´s.
Hm. Then it seems there is nothing else to do but to wait for the developers to read this and maybe they have a heart and change the config file… :neutral_face:
But thanks anyway for help. :slight_smile:

That’s correct. Go back up a couple of levels in the folder structure and you’ll find some *.fsarchive files - those are the files that contain the cfg information. I bought mine from a third party seller, so I have the cfg’s available to edit. I recommend that route for all aircraft purchases, since it allows for editing in most cases.