Blinding sun atmosphere scatter

I know of this bright daylight problem from before but now doesn’t it seem more dense? I am not a complainer but this is too much. Real world flying does have some glare but it’s everywhere. It’s tough to do vfr like this. All the cool poi’s in UK now and it’s hard to see them! Why isn’t there a general glare slider? Even glare off windows hamper the terrain views below.

3 Likes

This does seem to be over done I agree. It’s especially prominent when the sun is low. Find myself having to change the date to summer in order to get a good experience

Totally agree 100% with you on this.

It’s one of the most annoying “features” and seems to bleach out alot of the surrounding photographic ground textures. They are pretty poor anyway as the supplied Bing imagery is washed out and under exposed.

I’m just putting together a video comparison at Popham using my “real” footage and the FS2020 sim recording. Will post a link once I’ve finished editing it down.

Thanks for bringing this up. I spent ages testing my monitor settings thinking that was the culprit until I realised that it’s an OTT effect in the sim.

Cheers

Captain Moore

You might want to consider these topics (although for VR they are suitable for 2D too):

[FEATURE REQUEST] Can you please add a “Sun Glasses” mode sunglasses ? (not a joke)
[BUG/FEATURE] Provide a Sharpen strength setting, and more post-processing effect controls in VR
[BUG/FEATURE] Implement a metering system better suited for VR

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.