’James Bond Island’ - Khao Phing Kan (Thailand) - Screenshot by CalUKGR
Our team is finalizing Sim Update IV and is set to release next week! Thank you again to those involved in the flighting group who have helped test this update. Don’t forget, the next Dev Q&A on Twitch is on Wednesday, May 26th at 10:30 am PDT!
- The MSFS team
Click here for the web-friendly version. Most recent update:
Click here for the web-friendly version.
SU = Sim Update (3, 4, etc.)
WU = World Update
ASAP = As Soon as Possible
TBD = To Be Determined
Several Releases = Fixes will come over a series of updates
Ongoing Fixes = An item we will continually be working on
Planned = Scheduled to be worked on
Under Investigation = The team is currently looking into the issue
Not Planned = We will likely not work on this
Started = Work as started on this item
- We fixed CG calculation when in menu by including the anti-detonation system masses for piston engines.
- We made some improvements to the FX Editor, including non-uniform scales, and the Divide and Substract nodes. We also support normal map on particle shaders.
- On the Scenery Editor, we now sort & display objects per package, and we sort world scripts per package.
- We also fixed missing taxiway signs on high altitude airports.
- We fixed an issue on SaveFlight when no title is specified.
Third Party Update
As of 05/15, we have now approved 192 (+16) third parties into the in-sim marketplace and – so far 90 (+5) have released 383 products (+19).
- In total,962 products (+28) have already been released in 3rd party stores and the in-sim marketplace. Beyond that, another 336 products (+3) from 3rd party developers are in production (205 announced, 131 unannounced). In total, over 1298 3rd party products (+31) are either released or are in development.
809 airports (+17) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 605 airports (+19) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 321 airports (+18) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 95 airports (-3) beyond the released airports have been announced.
- 109 airports (+1) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an airport is in production.
155 aircraft (+5) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 40 aircraft (+2) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 23 aircraft (+0) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 93 aircraft (+3) beyond the released aircraft have been announced.
- 22 aircraft (+0) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an aircraft is in production.
299 sceneries (+4) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 283 sceneries (+3) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 24 sceneries (+1) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 16 sceneries (+1) beyond the released scenery have been announced.
35 mission packs (+5) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 34 mission packs (+4) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 3 mission packs (+0) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 1 mission packs (+1) beyond the released missions have been announced.
Today there are 15 new products and 14 updated products in the Marketplace.
15 New Products
14 Update Products
This past week we challenged you to take a screenshot of “Movie Magic”. The winner is featured above. Below are our runner up choices! This week’s Screenshot Challenge: Natural Ecosystems - Tropical Rainforests.
Last challenge’s Finalists:
Close Encounters of the Third Kind - Screenshot by zero4shomei
Lost - Screenshot by Remko277
The Life of Pi - Screenshot by ScenicAtol3300
Mad Max - Screenshot by Netiense
Tomb Raider - Screenshot by Renoi71
Stagecoach (1939) - Screenshot by YusufWardana
E.T. - Screenshot by Renoi71
Spiderman - Screenshot by AirSiamang92567
Sully - Screenshot by TastingDevotee7
Star Wars - Screenshot by Pieloth
Lord of the Rings - Screenshot by Fortn00b15
NEXT DEVELOPMENT UPDATE BLOG – 5.27
Microsoft Flight Simulator Team