BlueBird Simulations 757

hows about a 727

2 Likes

After the 757 pax version is complete, we plan to make the cargo expansion and also work on another airliner ( won’t say which one officially ) . Then after that we may consider doing an older jetliner. No guarantees though. What our third aircraft type will be is up in the air right now ( no pun intended lol ).

5 Likes

Since 757 and 767 have about the same cockpit, I would guess the next candidate would be 767.

3 Likes

I would love to see someone do a DC9 30 for the older aircraft because I flew the heck out of the SGA DC9’s from fs2004 and fsx :slight_smile: because we have to many 767 addons and no one has a dc9 series out yet

2 Likes

The Leonardo MD80 has a dedicated thread in this forum and beta tester videos have been appearing on YouTube in recent weeks.

1 Like

We can help you here at Just Flight in terms of how that all works. Not tons to do differently for Xbox, it all comes down to what happens at the other end with MS. By next year all the current issues surrounding Xbox compatibility really should be a thing of the past. Get in touch when you want guidance about this.

7 Likes

This looks fantastic! I’d like to see the non winglet versions and the British Airways world tails liveries, they were so unique and remind me of seeing them as a kid at Heathrow lined up at the gates.

2 Likes

Some of the best interior textures i’ve seen in a while. Absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations and i wish you the best of luck with your progress.

2 Likes

Man, I haven’t seen a good 767 sim since Level-D. That plane created so many memories for me. A 76 would be my guess too.

4 Likes

No comment on any of the guesses :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

I’m a bit saddened to hear that this project doesn’t aim to strike a study-level kind of exeprience but totally understand your motives behind it and that you’re openly stating a mid-level experience (transparency is always best!).

That aside, for what it’s worth, I certainly want to praise and compliment the artist behind the texturing and modelling of that VC. It’s certainly one of the very few next-gen looking compared to the vast majority of virtual cockpits we’re seeing so far, and it is certainly hands down the best and most refined well made PBR textures I’ve seen for MSFS so far. Not just high reflections everywhere but subtle normal mapping and different shades of reflection through clever use of masks. It is especially visible under the MCP panel and on the yokes. Nice handling of the lightning too. Beautiful VC, top notch really.

Best of luck with your project, the attention to details is certainly there.

4 Likes

Thank you for the kind words. :slight_smile: The whole team really appreciates feedback ( both positive and negative ) .

I will say on the “Study level” front, it’s a very ambiguous term. It is always possible for us to create a “systems/failures” expansion pack that would provide more complexity but that would be much later after the release of the 757 and our next project. It just depends on how much complexity we can introduce on the initial package. We have an initial features list on the JF website but that is definitely subject to change :slight_smile: .

10 Likes

I must say that, on its face, the “study-level” issue made me a bit skeptical too, but my standards for a 757 are really not that high. I don’t mean to belittle the BlueBird sim by saying this at all, but what I mean to say is somewhat counter intuitive. I bought the FlightFactor 75 and XP to study up on 757 ops when I was hired by my current airline. I was EXTREMELY let down by that plane. This is when I realized that all I really want is accurate EICAS messages and, really, just a working LNAV/VNAV. I could do without failures for a long time because the simple truth is large issues rarely happen. I just want to simulate the 75 in most day to day normal ops. If the plane flies well and has a feeling of weight and inertia to it and I can load an approach and shoot a LNAV/VNAV GPS, I’d call that good at least in my book. Either way, I’m excited for this bird. The visuals are incredibly well done.

6 Likes

Isn’t it funny…

I before MSFS came out, never had a clue about “study level aircraft” even though my experiences with MSFS started with “for windows 95…”

Or I really didn’t give two flying Vs for those aircraft… maybe it was because I was at school/never had the money to justify getting one of these aircraft or that I thought… “why should I have to pay when I brought this game!!”

Gosh, it wasn’t until like two years before MSFS that I realized that I could get custom liveries, and new aircraft and first started dabbling in “on line purchases!!!” Though Orbx NZ mesh and the like…

I was even three months late to the party when I was seeing everyone with “liveries” in MSFS!!!

But wow!!! I can now see just how addictive and expensive the online world is!!!

Now…

Getting back to subject…

It’s only been over the last year (having to re-learn everything/all the bad habits I picked up in FSX…) that I have found a whole new love in flight sim and going through the correct procedures of starting a aircraft, and then buying these new aircraft that how much realism brings and how much… no… just how little I have touched the “defult/Asobo” aircraft… all through the lack of realistic modeling, inop buttons and procedures!!!

But regarding this 757…

I havnt grasped the likes of fuses, failers and the like…
but I just hope that what (wasn’t a must…) in my recent flight sim vocabulary…
I do hope that some procedures are modeled like the navigation and the like but I totally understand and wouldn’t mind it certain aspects… the finer details if you like, aren’t modeled…
As long as we have amazing graphics and opening doors and the like and at least some basic almost real engine starting and proper navigation following like what we have in the A32nx…
I would be buying this product!!!

7 Likes

It really seems like the BlueBird Simulations 757 will simulate things to the level that will make me happy. If it looks like a 757, flies like a 757, and has the instruments and autopilot options of a real 757, that’s gonna make me happy.

For the folks who are upset it’s not “study level,” I invite you (seriously, I’m curious!) to contribute to this topic I started, as getting into that definition shouldn’t be the focus of this 757 topic, but I am curious!

9 Likes

Very happy with a ‘mid-level’ 757 simulation :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Would love to see some liveries :smile:

1 Like

“I was EXTREMELY let down by that plane.” - Now, are we talking about the real/actual B-757 here? :hushed:

God, I hope not as (In my opinion) the B-757 is the epitome of what a passenger jet is.

Oh Lord No. I fly the 75 for a living. I love that jet more than words can express. I’m talking about the Flight Factor 757 for Xplane. That plane is captainsim tier garbage. The only accuracy that plane has is visuals. It doesn’t operate like a 75 with regards to almost anything else. The EICAS system is incorrect and the Autopilot/FMS do not operate realistically at all. You essentially have to use V/S or FLCH for the descent.

5 Likes

This looks awesome, as long as it has fully functional AP / LNAV/ VNAV and all major systems working, plus an accurate flight model, then I’m in. It doesn’t need to have tons of failures, but having all major switches / engine start procedures in place then it’s ‘study level’ enough for my taste.

4 Likes