Bluetooth Keyboard hangs or crashes sim if used

I have received a response to my ticket. It has been passed on as a bug for review. So I certainly hope it will come up on their radar.

It’s more likely that they did that because it was straight-forward and could be done in isolation on the 787.

A lot of people are actually flying the 787. It’s the only medium-long haul aircraft that’s available. Bluetooth keyboard has a workaround, the bouncy 787 does not. So yes
 priorities to fix those issues without a workaround.

1 Like

I use a Bluetooth keyboard.

It does not hang or crash the sim.

Even after you leave it alone for 2 hours?

We had one or more long Topics about this issue
several months ago.

I had the problem with the 30 sec pauses, etc

Don’t remember what the resolution was.

I don’t do anything now.
I sometimes leave FS2020 for many hours and return
with no pause noticed.

Kbd battery does not drain when left alone.

I think it depends on the dongle. The sim currently has a problem with plugging (or activating/deactivating) USB devices. If a wireless device goes to sleep to save power, often the dongle will also de-activate/go to sleep. This causes the USB related issues to trigger.

So maybe it depends on if you have a USB bluetooth dongle or Wifi card with bluetooth. It probably won’t happen with the wifi card because it doesn’t work via USB.

Wifi on motherboard with Bluetooth.

Yes then it will probably not crash the sim like de-activating USB dongles or plugging in other USB devices. When you activate a USB device MSFS will do a scan to find peripherals. Something is going wrong there. I reported to Zendesk and they replied they are aware of it and investigating the issue.

LOL, are you guys for real? This is a bug. It is reported. Of course I work around it. I just cannot use part of my homepit. And I do not see that I need to change out hardware for a poorly programmed solution. Neither do I see the need not to report it or ignore it. I can wait. What is wrong with you guys flocking to this thread?

1 Like

The thing I don’t understand is that my MICROSOFT Designer Compact Keyboard causes hangs of up to a minute, but my Logitech K380 keyboard does not.
Both are Bluetooth, both connect in the same way, so both should either work or not work in the same way.

I will note that a Google search reveals the Microsoft keyboard uses a Bluetooth 5 low-energy connection, while the Logitech one supports much older Bluetooth 3. It’s possible that the Microsoft keyboard is more aggressively disconnecting itself, expecting to be able to reconnect quickly over the newer protocol, while the Logitech one stays connected at a higher battery cost. This would avoid triggering the device enumeration hang bug in MSFS?

1 Like

Thanks very much for explaining, makes a little more sense now.

1 Like

I also have the same issue with my bluetooth mouse and keyboard.

I work from home, so I am constantly switching between my work pc and home pc. For this reason i have a Logitech K380 and Logitech MX Master 3 that can switch quickly between devices.

When running FS2020, if I switch from my work PC to my home PC, the sim will immediately hang for approx 30seconds. At best it recovers, worst it will CTD.

It has frustrated me for a year now already, i haven’t yet seen any update or patch fix this issue. No other game I own gets hung up when changing the mouse over.

I appreciate that this complaint is somewhat niche, but this is top of my list for annoying bugs.

Appreciate all the great work Asobo are doing, particularly with huge performance increase with SU5, I can finally enjoy using my Reverb G2 :smiley:

Thanks
Ash

The problem here is it’s Windows rather than Asobo and with W11 just around the corner no one 's going to even look at it.

I use a Bluetooth keyboard. I have no problem with it.
Back 6 months or a year ago, I was having this problem
with my BT KBD.

If you search for bluetooth in this forum, you can find those Topics
concerning freezes , etc. concerning the device drivers and find those Topics.

I have one BT keyboard and one BT mouse
I went to all input devices and turned Power Management off.

I think the real solution was in the USB Root Hub (USB 3.0) or something
in the Device Manager.

The issue was in the Power Management. Allow the computer to
turn off this device to save power.

But back then, I was using a different Motherboard.

For my HID (Human Interface Devices), my Bluetooth HID Device has 2
options to select on Power Management.

1. Allow CPU to turn it off to save battery = Checked
    2 . Allow this device to wake the computer = Unchecked

You can try those on and off to see if it affects your FS2020.