Blurry airport names

Hey Pilots!

i suddenly got blurry text over airports, this is only in VR and only on steam version of the game. this is also when selecting an airport on the world map, but less noticeable, so i choose to take some screens while ingame.

Pictures from MS-Store and Steam Version are taken at the same time and under the extactly same ingame settings and with the same mods installed (Propmod, Treemod, vrfmap-for-vr). funfact: Microsoft has better weather than Steam!

Store version

Steam Version

can someone tell me whats wrong?

1 Like

The runway markings are blurry much closer to the camera as well. Are you certain you have the same graphical settings configured?

you are right, i eddited the screens. inserted the defult screenshots now. the difference is much more visible in VR though …

settings are the same on both copies.

It was a “feature” that appears to have crept into the last update.

The resolution of the labels/nameplates etc, should be governed by the resolution of your display, but it would appear that, for VR, it uses the resolution of the 2d display rather than that of the headset.

I re-applied Nvidia surround, hopefully temporarily, to increase the resolution of my 2d display and that restored the labels/nameplates to their former glory

The problem is with SteamVR
I tried to force steamvr_win64.json, and the performance are really bad, but it works !
Do you have a Steam version and an MS Store version?
Do you run both with the same runtime, if so is it OpenXR or SteamVR?

1 Like

i got the problem with both of my headsets, G2 using openXR in Store and Steam version and Pimax using SteamVR in Store and Steam Version.

Interesting, I’m getting that also with the MS store version.

Reverb G2, RTX3080, i710700K. I had to pause playing for a bit due to a faulty HMD and overheating CPU, both now resolved, and when I started again I noticed this. The rest of the game looks great, just pretty much unreadable marker names.

I use WMR and OpenXR, 100% render in game, 80% in OpenXR.

If you can, perhaps increase the resolution of your 2d screen, in the MSFS settings, and see if that solves the issue.

Although “common sense” might suggest that this shouldn’t solve it, this is IT we are talking about. :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank you so much! this solved the issue.

1 Like

Good to hear and I’d expect that this will be fixed in the next update.

I’d prefer to keep my 2d screen as small as possible, but this is still far better than not being able to read the nameplates.

Fly safe.

Yes, thanks, that does indeed clear up the nameplates. Sadly a bit of a waste of resources having to have the game in full screen mode to get the resolution, but a workaround nonetheless.

Hopefully they do fix this, because while I could actually live with the blurry nameplates, it also affects (or seems to) runway / taxiway signs which went from unreadable to readable.

Anyhow, well spotted, and thanks for the workaround. :slightly_smiling_face:

I can’t claim the credit for discovering it, as I just found it elsewhere when i was suffering too and I have just passed it on.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.