Blurry textures have been solved!

I indeed agree with you that communication could be better though, not only on Asobo’s side, but also with third party companies that go radio silent for months.

I agree. I think a simple message like “We have received a lot of reports of blurry ground textures with SU5. This was unintended and we are investigating” would have gone a long way to help temper some of the frustration and conspiracy theories.

Unfortunately there is still a lot of skepticism from the passionate, veteran flight sim community with this sim being released on a console. Microsoft has to understand that and react with clear messaging when updates have unintended side effects.

Looking forward to the patch later today and hope we can all go back to enjoying the sim instead of bickering with each other.

4 Likes

I created a thread on the 27th letting people know that a lot of the problems they were having was caused by overloaded servers. The post Did not get any traction but i knew this was part of peoples problems. Because i have seen other problems come and go after updates

Servers Are Overloaded

1 Like

Hello, there was still a beta test phase, the problems were necessarily identified, when the server overload was predictable.

I am patient and this is my first post since the update, I just want my PC of 3000 euros (without graphics card for now I keep my gtx1080) specially mounted for MSFS2020 to be used to its maximum potential and not like an xbox i think that’s not too much to ask.

I also trust ASOBO, but I hope Microsoft will take pc users into consideration, otherwise it will be over for this promising simulator.

I have no doubt that the two platforms can coexist, and that each could take advantage of its potential and power, if we are given the possibility of adjusting according to the power available, for example I have 64 GB of ram, I don’t need to be restricted to 6 or 8 gb.

We will see what will happen in the future, in any case I think that this is a turning point and that everything is decided now for the future.

Hope the best for this simulator and for all pc or xbox users.

3 Likes

are you in any way affiliated with asobo or the server infrastructure of msfs? if not, then this conjecture was not helpful at all, no.

Do NOT direct posts to others. Keep posts constructive. A reminder about the Code of Conduct.

Policy on Name-calling, Harassment, and Threats - Community / News and Announcements - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

1 Like

Well of course it looks better with LOD of 400. The issue is default (and those who don’t want to mess with manually editing config files)

2 Likes

Over Venice looks fine to me

3 Likes

Wouldn’t 400 give a hard hit on fps performance?

i tried the LOD changes with 600, and any bigger camera (~head) movement induced extreme lags and low fps, so this was not an option for me, since i mostly fly VRF or even aerobatics, and i have to look around a lot.

so yes, it hits the performance quite hard.

I have not noticed it, I still get 60fps on 4k Ultra with an RTX3070, 16Gb RAM and Ryzen 5 3600

Try 400, I found that to be the perfect spot. But you still need a good computer to move this game.

Sorry, but the textures still look blurry at Ultra. This is not a streaming issue.

1 Like

I think it is unfair to somehow place blame on the user in saying…“everyone wants everything right this second”

Let’s not forget that users paid money for the experience…Microsoft got the user’s money immediately (right this second)…so of course users want a functioning sim that represents what they paid for. Particularly, when you can’t get a refund 6 months later when a sim update breaks something or takes away a feature (visuals) that you had on day one when you first purchased the product

1 Like

This doesn’t solve the issue completely. Another aspect to all of this is the change in lighting and contrast. Color saturation looks completely off too.

1 Like

Ok, fair point. I have no problem with reporting bugs, I’ve been unable to fly the last two days due to CTD’s myself. I get that it will be fixed and Asobo are doing their best though.

I disagree with this, I think the sim looks more real than ever now, colors are on point on my hdr screen. Colors may vary though from screen to screen, that is why a lot of people use VFX to adapt them to their liking.

The over arching issue is that people are simply not listening to others. Despite posting evidence that directly contradicts claims of built in degradation many users insist they are being gaslighted somehow. Washed out colour, post an image that contradicts that, somebody comes along with another irrelevant excuse about why the image they can see right in front of their own eyes is not accurate or correct… and around and round we all go. If you are having issues with this game then you are having those issues for some reason, it does not mean those issues are either universal or part of some crazy conspiracy on behalf of a multi-billion dollar corporation to save a few coins. Try engaging with the people who are not having those issues and maybe they can help but, as the saying goes, “some people just want to watch the world burn”!

3 Likes

in my opinion the “overarching issue” is that the people are being rude and disrespectful. on both “sides”. also many of the discussed problems are real facts, like the extremely blurry textures, the “pop in” problem of geometry and landscapes and CTDs, just to name a few.

the people are not imagining these things. i understand that some people might not have any problems, or maybe they are just not seeing them. i don’t care though.

i just want to be able to discuss these things without having to read 100s of meta-posts about why there are no problems and people are making stuff up or something like that.

but i guess that’s not possible right now. :frowning:

3 Likes

Pretty much this. I’m all for polite discussion, but the claims people are lying some are making is pretty unfair.

There are plenty of screenshot and videos out there that factually show the issue with Draw-distance, Pop-in, blurry textures.

Instead of bickering people should be wanting this to be discussed as it brings out a better game/sim for everyone.

1 Like

I do understand what you’re saying, but I was responding more to a general question rather than talking about FS specifically. We do live in an instant gratification society these days, where patience is in very short supply and people tend to resort to anger before anything else. We all feel frustrated and disappointed when things go wrong and that’s absolutely natural, but it’s the way people people choose to express it that is the biggest problem, especially in online communities.

True, but it comes from both sides. Some people on the “problem” side exaggerate and blow things totally out of proportion, and some people on the “no problem” side refuse to believe that there are any issues because they are not having any. That’s the way it is these days… some vocal individuals are incapable of seeing things from other people’s point of view, and incapable of disagreeing with each other without it turning into a slanging match.

1 Like