Boeing 737 MAX

Wouldn’t the 737 be a great addition to MSFS Especially the new model The Max
personally i would like the Max 7,8,9 & 10 [All versions of the max] in the sim because the 737 has been in MFS Franchise since '95 so if a third-party could mak a max
i would be so greatful

We need a Boeing 737 Max with so that we can test the MCAS in the sim while the world tests it IRL.
I understand that the new software update only allows ONE very limited nose down per incident and will only activate with inputs from both AOA’s and will not engage if either AOA device disagrees with the other by more than 5.5 degrees. Sounds like a workable plan. Wonder why it took 2 years to do that ?

6 Likes

Don’t think it took two years to fix. It took two years to get through the new regulatory process.
Probably a good plan to have it parked for two years anyway. Reintroduce it to the public as a 737-8.
Sounds like dash 8… the general public won’t recognize it or have their memory jogged.

5 Likes

Don’t we have enough crashes in this game?

(Sorry, couldn’t help myself lol)

On a more serious note though, I’m really surprised we don’t have a 737 of some flavour as a stock aircraft

16 Likes

I am vibrating in my chair, waiting to see what PMDG brings us when they get back to it.

3 Likes

I suspect they may have intentionally avoided the 737 due to the 737MAX debacle at the time of development, but then again, I’m not 100% sure.

(On a side note, wasn’t there a guy developing the 737-400 for MSFS? The flightsim world (excluding XP) has seriously lacked a good addon for the CL series)

4 Likes

Doubt it. This sim was in development long before the 737Max’s started falling out of the sky.

1 Like

Would love a 737 or 737 MAX… even though the “actual” MCAS would not really be able to be “tested”.

Too Soon! Tsk! Tsk!

It would be lovely to have a 737, It is a great plane. Totally different in some regards to the A320. I fly the Zibo one for Xplane often. I also think its better than the PMDG I had for FSX ( I know it got better since then) but for free it’s pay ware quality and more, often it makes some pay ware look like a joke.

I am positive once the SDK/Flight models are down, the Auto Pilot is reliable we will get some seriously good Add-ons. But ASOBO are in control of this.

Guys, pro or anti Boeing comments are incredibly offensive to everyone in the industry, Boeing or not. Engineers, manufacturers, testers, test pilots, quality technicians, and machinists slaved day and night to build each and every aircraft, no matter what brand. We all compete, but we don’t blatantly disrespect each other like this.

And joking about the crash is offensive to the families of the victims.

Please try to stay on topic.

I’d personally like to see a Max in the sim, though I may not fly it very much since I prefer short hops of an hour or two rather than 3-5.

6 Likes

That was I was always saying, we need a 737 Max in MSFS. Especially now that it has passed certification IRL. Even if Asobo can make a default one, that looks good, Developers will step up and make it professional like the A32NX.

I’m not sure expecting a MAX is realistic. Especially given the recent software changes. An NG would be great, as would an older model like a -200. I’m sure we will get both eventually.

MS/Asobo have 3d scanners to model aircraft. We only need it modeled and looking proper. Third party devs like Zibo will take over and redo all systems and sounds etc. We need a default Max even if it only is modeled right.

Stateside,
I think you are right. I doubt that MSFS designers will include a Max because of the design problems that caused real tragedy. There is no real need for that exact a/c to be included here. I didn’t consider that aspect when hoping for the max to be added … oops

1 Like

Sadly, won’t happen unless a 3rd party developer creates it.

Much as they have been quite glitch stricken at first, I must confess I love all three default airliners in their design, smoothness and response.

I believe than ASOBO can design a perfect BOEING 737 MAX with their modern codeing so that we won’t have to wait for yonks for the famous developer to render one with their already old code.

But, I also know that they WON’T.

Already exist : named static plane :sweat_smile:

Well Bredok3D made one and was released 2 days ago

that’s why Asobo should make one.

3 Likes