Boeing 747 Controller fuel pump lights

None of the 16 Controller fuel pump lights of the default (and all other add-ons) are working so you don’t know that the pumps are on or off. even when you load the plane ready to depart are still not showing to be on although the pumps are working

That’s a new one. Have you zendesked it?

edit: Fuel pump switches are working on the 787 and the A320 has a dark cockpit philosophy which means, if the pumps are operating, the pump switches are dark.

1 Like

No because before the world update the lights were working. If you hover the mouse over the buttons it says if the pumps are off or on. I don’t know how to report it to Zendesk.

2 Likes

Anybody else with this problem?

1 Like

Just zendesked this issue.

2 Likes

Wow! I though it was a Salty 747 mod issue! I hardly use the default 747 since it won’t use its auxiliary fuel tanks.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot

1 Like

I bet no one is flying the 747…

1 Like

I do sometimes. It’s the only ‘real’ airliner in MSFS, which means it’s not the artificial Airbus FBW type.

2 Likes

There’s always something wrong with the 747. Although small, they’re hilarious. Issue before this one was the tiny throttle lever for engine 1. Can’t wait for the next update. XD

4 Likes

Actually, since the plane was never able to use the contents of its auxiliary fuel tanks, I always used a mod. When I saw the misplaced eng. 1 throttle, I was sure it was the mod’s fault.

2 Likes

Yep flying the 747 today for the first time since the update and am having the same issue. Kinda glad it’s not just me :slight_smile:

1 Like

You would think the devs are deliberately doing this as a joke, what else could explain these silly little things slipping in with each update? And when they finally do fix one thing after months of pleading and zendesking it simply gets replaced with another. Is there any QA at all? Do they even care?

2 Likes

What I don’t understand what does a World update has to do with aircraft instruments? How can one upset the other?

2 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t use the simulator since September, waiting for them to fix all the issues that should have been fixed before releasing it. Loaded it yesterday to see how it works with my new Quest 2 VR headset, at first I thought this was a VR bug. It was not, the same was happening outside VR.

The “PRESS” lights on the buttons when some of the fuel tanks are empty (meaning low fuel pressure) actually do show, but they are offset about 10 cm to the left, instead of being shown over the corresponding buttons. So, since such obvious bugs are still missed by the devs, I guess I’ll try the simulator again in about 6 months or so. Maybe it will improve enough by then.

Also, do they still ignore the bugs reported here and require us to use Zendesk to report bugs to them? Sigh. The ZenDesk thing is probably one of the reasons it takes them so much time to find and fix the bugs, since few people will bother reporting bugs there. Personally I reported very few bugs there, because Zendesk annoys me greatly.

Last time I checked, there was no way to find bugs other people reported on ZenDesk, add more details, discuss them, vote for them, etc. It would be better if they just used the forums for tracing bugs. Or, ideally, a dedicated issue/bug tracking application, designed specifically for that purpose. ZenDesk is a user support platform, not an issue tracking platform.

For example, I reported this on Zendesk a long time ago, with a lot of details about how exactly the fuel system should work in a 747-8. And apparently it’s still not fixed. So I’m guessing they are also ignoring bugs submitted to Zendesk.

Honestly, I don’t get it. Why add a system here for voting bugs, if they still require us to report them to Zendesk?

1 Like

The “funniest” thing is that at launch, all fuel pump lights worked correctly, PRESS and ON on all of them. Sometime down the road, during some update I don’t know which, someone broke the thing all together.

1 Like

Yes that’s what happened. One thing though we haven’t tried is to change light bulbs…

2 Likes

Still they are not working (the fuel pump lights) even after the New sim update. Anyone else has this problem? and a solution perhaps.

1 Like

Still they are not working (the fuel pump lights) even after the New sim update. Anyone else has this problem? and a solution perhaps.

1 Like

Exact same problem, I’m sure this problem is same to everyone. Is nobody even flying the 747-8 or something? Because all of those little bugs appearing after new updates with not a lot of people talking about them, they’re all talking about the GA airplanes and having loads of bugs fixed for GA planes but they’re almost completely ignoring the airliners especially the 747-8 having major bugs on the system that seems to be some of the easiest fixes.