Brake problems since last update

Anyone else having problems with the aircraft brakes since last update? Not only did it destroy all of my control key binds so I had to go back and do them all again, but now when I throttle to 0 and stop, the parking brakes apply but without actually applying. I can be at full power and the plane just sticks like it is a concrete statue to the ground until I apply the parking brake and release it again. I have to do that every time I stop the aircraft for any reason. I have gone through my pedals and the brakes arent sticking and still show movement in the pedals in game when this happens, yoke has no brake binds at all nor do my throttles. Keyboard bind is also unbound… anyone have any ideas?

3 Likes

Had the identical problem but for far longer than just the last update. After trying every brake option, these two worked the best for me.

LEFT BRAKE - Joystick L-Axis X+

RIGHT BRAKE - Joystick L-Axis Y+

I’m using CH rudder pedals so the input values that appear in the Controls view when you press your toe brakes may be different. The easiest and quickest way to test this is to accelerate as if you’re taking off, but then pull the throttle back after a few seconds and apply the brakes until you stop. If you don’t stop, try another brake option. If you can stop release your hold on the toe brakes, and accelerate again. If you DIDN’T have to cycle the parking brake to start moving, you’ve found your solution.

For me now, a bit of additional throttle is required to begin moving to overcome inertia, followed by a quick reduction to taxi at slow speed - just as it ought to be.

1 Like

possible

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/1-9-3-0-toe-brake-pedals-not-working-correctly/289217/10?u=michamma

1 Like

I have a question, When I toggle brake, trim will change to up, is that normal?

No. There seems to be a double assignment.

So how could avoid trim change when brake? That’s so annoying when taxi and prepare for take off, sometimes I forgot change trim to neutral and get crashed when take off cause trim was 100% up ^^

From memory:

Go to Options / Controls and set the filter for Assigned.

Then separately search for the word “brake” and “trim” looking for a duplicate assignment.

Alternatively you could search for the key sequence (or button press, or device) and locate both of the above at the same time. Then either delete or change one of them to something else.

1 Like

exact same problem here. very annoying indeed.

Having the same problem, I have to power up to N1-60 to get the aircraft moving, and then throttle down to N1-40ish just keep the aircraft taxiing… This is the only aircraft this happens on, all other aircraft have no issues

That is called break away affect and normal. What aircraft are you talking about btw?

The extra 300 always makes a handstand when I drastically engage the breaks. But I guess thats the realistic flight model. I use left/right breaks with intervals to get the plane getting slower.

IRL you can much easier modulate brake pressure. It is very very expensive to shock load an Extra engine doing what you described. But with tail draggers you need to watch from where the wind comes to keep the tail down.

Presumably it works a bit better (see above posts) when you assign the brakes to a joystick (pedal) axis so it is not digital. But I am not sure 100%.

True, I am glad these dozens of crashed extras are only digital and not real.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.