Brand New Flyer - Game Crashing to Desktop

honestly I dont know… I just keep telling you to do that because it has helped me and some others and I’ve run out of things to say…

It doesnt take much time its work trying…

Thanks, I’m going to give it a shot right now. I appreciate all the help and insight everyone has given

plus if u run it and windows doenst find any errors then u know its hardware issue and most likely its gonna be your card.

Is it your kid first simulator? Maybe he will already be a teen by the time things got fixed.

If you have the guts, you could do a clean installation of Windows. It fail, wait for the patch, then, try another simulator. He will probably develop a more solid foundation using xplane or p3d. Right now you cant learn to fly on msfs, instead you learn to workaround bugs in order to get your plane in the destination.

No seriously how on earth can volumetric clouds on ultra cause ctd sorry but not a 3090.That shouldn’t cause a ctd unless you’re running a potato.CTD possibly an oc or windows 10 issue

If pressing the V can do it, why not?

BSOD is a crash at the highest security level of the CPU, ring 0.

That usually means the graphics driver, which runs at level 0.

The very latest NVidia drivers squeeze frame rates for gamers, but can be unstable.

Roll back to what NVidia think is a stable driver release. In my case it stopped X-Plane CTD.

Cheers
Paul

It Looks like the problem is your gpu.

No it shouldn’t but it does on mine so I thought it might be worth a try on yours

Even if I set everything to low but volumetric clouds to ultra I still ctd
And I’m getting over 60 FPS when it ctd’s and looking at windows basic hardware monitor nothing looks stressed

Others can use ultra clouds so it’s not a “bug” with the game but likely some “bug” in my system somewhere; hardware/software

Avoiding the known reported VFR ctd bug I’ve been ctd free this last week with clouds on high

I could try and reinstall windows and the game but can’t be bothered as I run everything else on ULTRA and 200 old, clouds oh high look good enough for me

My specs are i78700k, 1080ti & 16gb ram getting 35-50 FPS in game dependant on location

BUT the point is OP has RTX 3090 much better than 1080ti and the rest of his system is higher speccd also.

Tried Repairing, no avail. Submitted a ZenDesk ticket, we’ll see if anything comes of it. Now i’m just hoping and praying its not my GPU and next week when they release the patch it’ll fix the issue

well good luck again…

Which GPU manufacturer have you got?
You may want to try using following assuming that its GPU hardware problem.

• latest from card manufacturer
  • from nVidia (last stable version)
  • limit card max volt or Mhz to put a cap

I don’t disagree with that ffs! YES it should work with all on ULTRA
BUT it’s not! So it all comes down to troubleshooting the problem
When trouble shooting it’s a mater of trying to identify the action/setting/hardware causing the issue

In the OP’s case; my POINT IS it may not be a hardware problem!
I’m just saying that even without stressing my 1080ti with other settings, ultra clouds will still CTD my system; when nothing appears to be stressed by it! I still don’t know if that’s hardware or Software but I do suspect it’s hardware

For the OP it takes 10 minutes to rule the ultra cloud issue I’ve had out of the possible causing his problems. If it solves his problem then you can start drilling that issue down
If it doesn’t than its one more possible cause the OP can cross off his list

Well I don’t know about anyone else but for me I followed the suggestion I saw in another thread somewhere about lowering the FPS to 30.

That seemed to do the trick for me.
No more CTD but then again reinstalling the software might have helped in this case.

My system works just fine now and I have about half the system you have so no reason why yours should not work better.

Also, check your CPU & GPU temps while in game play to make sure nothing is overheating and making your system CTD.

Hope it all works out for you !

AMD/Ryzen 5 3500U
20GB Mem
SSD/Radeon Graphics

New Patch, No Luck…

How can a RTX 3090 not handle this game?

I even tried to downclock the GPU to make sure its not the issue. Game even crashes at “High Settings” instead of Ultra

I mean how maddening can one be, new $3k PC for this game specifically only to have it crash 5 minutes into each flight. WTH!

1 Like

I installed my gigabyte rtx 3080 gaming oc today even before the update patch it crashes three minutes into the sim I tried everything driver update underclocking nothing. It’s not the card because I played the division 2 in ultra and it was fine fortnite as well great but mafs has problems or the card somewhere is not stable with this sim. Help anyone!! FC

Intel i7_9700k
Gigabyte rtx 3080
32gb ram
1tb. Samsung 970 eco plus sad

Wow, we might be on to something, I know your’s is an 3080, but that sounds like the exact same issue as me.

I’m sorry, where is that repair option again? You mean the sim itself? or you mean the Microsoft store app? I can’t find that option. My sim is crashing when I press “fly now” and that’s the first time that happens to me. My PC is up there too so I don’t know what is causing it.