Bravo Throttle Quadrant - Bent lever!

Hey everyone,

A few months ago, I stupidly bumped my chair into my bravo throttle quadrant while it was sitting on my desk. It dented the #2 lever (#1 throttle in the pic below)…at first, I thought I broke something, but I just dented the lever to the left. I’ve tried everything, including taking pliers and trying forcefully to bend it back…with no luck. Any help would be appreciated!!

Adan

1 Like

Hit it with the chair going the other way?

:stuck_out_tongue:

That sucks! hopefully you get it straightened out (see what I did there?)

4 Likes

Seriously, if it is working OK and it is just a cosmetic issue, I’d leave it alone. Trying to bend it back might damage any circuitry that may be inside. There are contacts on top, so there must be something inside. To guard against those kind of accidents, I push my levers up when not in use because I did bump them at first.

2 Likes

I am probably not the only person who read that then looked over at his/her Bravo and pushed all the levers forward. :smiley:

4 Likes

Personally I’d pack some paper and then silver foil around the body of the quadrant and then use a hair dryer and some light pressure to correct.

It looks like a plastic sleeve over the metal lever. If that is the case a heat gun won’t do anything. It can be bent back, but you need to disassemble the quadrant, and ideally mount the lever between two wooden shims on a vice, to find the proper bend point to apply leverage to tweak it back to its original shape.

As it stands, the levers are too short in situ, to get it right. I believe it has to be disassembled.

If you’re handy with tools to take it apart, it should not be too hard.

I would leave it alone and pretend it is straight because trying to bend what seems like a “thermal setting plastic” is risky.

I put mine away when not in use. If it’s not me that would bonk it it is the kids. The quick release of the base is really helpful to put it away and get it out.

Like some others have said I would leave it alone if it is working and not conflicting with other levers. It adds some character and just makes it closer to real life haha.

1 Like

It is real life :thinking:

Guys! It’s a metal tab. It has not been bent over backwards. Easily can be tweaked straight again without fatigue to the metal lever.

There is no such thing as “thermal setting plastic” even though the term exists. Composite materials are either thermal setting OR thermal plastic.
In any case the plastic surround is merely to carry signal to the interchangeable levers. The lever itself is metal, and can easily be bent back into shape, if you know WHERE to apply the tweaking force.

Have you stripped one down?

This gives me hope :joy: and thank you everybody for your valuable input.

It seems like no matter how hard I force it, it doesn’t budge. I’m scraping that lever up a bit while using pliers, just worried I might damage it a little too much. No matter how hard I try and bend the top of the lever, it doesn’t want to move sadly.

If only I had the confidence for that…I tried the first step, unscrewing the screws on the back, and didn’t even have the right size screwdriver…if only I was more internal-tech savvy. Lol

This is what you’ll find inside

1 Like

No I have not, I simply do not own one. But if I did, it would not be a problem for me. I’ve taken more things apart than I care to remember. I also used to be an airframe mechanic.
Anyway, from this snapshot, the lever tab that is second from the right, is clearly made of metal. Use the video posted- take your time and go for it. You can do this!

1 Like

You need to have a word with my chemistry professor but you would have to wait until you are on the other side because he would be 110 by now.

I don’t know where that falls into the great scheme of things, but I digress.

Did you ever solve this? I just got a Bravo second hand but when it showed up in the mail, the 2nd lever is bent heavily to the right preventing me from using it. Any suggestions? Thank you