Bravo VS hold and rotary knob only properly working with G1000

Flying MSFS since a few weeks now. I’ve noticed the VS hold and rotary know on the Bravo quadrant are working differently for different aircraft.
for examble:

• When i’m flying an aircraft with a G1000, on the Bravo quadrant, I press the VS HOLD and rotate to whatever is required. In game I can see VS HOLD and the change in FPM. Perfect!

But,

• Flying the Cessna 172 with the G530/430 and the default Autopilot, whenever I press VS HOLD on the Bravo I can see VS on the autopilot, but then I cannot rotate to the desired fpm. I have to use my mouse to press the UP or DOWN buttons in game.

• Flying an airliner (in my case the 787 and 747), something else happens, when I press VS HOLD on the Bravo, in game nothing happens, I have to press VS HOLD in game with the mouse. after this the VS rotary knob on the Bravo does work in game.

so in short.

• G1000 autopilot: Bravo VS HOLD and rotaty knob work
  • G530/430 autopilot: Bravo VS rotary know not working
  • airliner autopilot: Bravo VS hold not working

Now am I doing something wrong?
Does 1 autopilot work differently than others, even on our hardware?
Or is this a known bug within the game?

I’d be happy to hear your thoughts or advice.

1 Like

I generally fly GA but the Bravo works the same for all here

I have the exact same issue as you. However, I’ve not tested it with airliners. I think it must be a ‘bug’.

Here is what I found:

(1) In the default C172 (non-G1000 version) VS changes made on the Bravo autopilot (AP) are not showing on the AP display within the virtual cockpit (VC). I do not encounter these issues on the C172 G1000 version.

(2) the aircraft is responding to the the VS inputs from the bravo and will pitch up/down as expected

(3) within the VC, if I click the Nose Up/Down on the AP, things works as expected and the current VS remain visible for roughly 5 seconds before returning to the set Altitude display.

(4) the only way I can see the bravo’s VS inputs on the VC’s AP is by clicking the Nose up/down and then turning the adjustment knob on the bravo (the one on the right side of the autopilot) . However, the display returns to the set Altitude while I’m still turning the adjustment knob or immediately after. So you can’t see your actual VS setting in AP.

So it appears it is not a button config issue as the VS button is doing what it is suppose to at least in my case. It seems more of an interface issue between MSFS/Bravo. I’ll leave this post up for a few days for any additional responses and then will submit a bug report with zendesk.

Are you certain nothing happens to the aircraft when you press the bravo’s VS.? You may want to go back and test as you’ll likely find that your VS inputs on the bravo are actually working, at least in the C172, but just not displaying within the aircraft’s AP. If you do can you let us know what you find?

I’m having exactly the problem you’re describing @skystalker68 .

At first I thought it was 100% broken but testing both the g1000 and gns530 c172s, what you’re describing is 100% what I’m seeing.

No clue what’s causing it. Did you have any luck finding a solution to this?