Breaking out at minimums

Your problems are solved. Among the many presets are zero visibility, you won’t break out until minimums for a Cat II approach.

Just browsed through the manual and I didn’t see a way to precisely define viz and ceiling.

Can’t find a description what the ceiling and viz are in the ‘zero visibility’ preset .

There is no ceiling, as it appears to be dense fog. As for vis, it’s impossible to tell without an RVR report, which you don’t have. All I can tell you is I’ve tried it a couple times, and you’re borderline going missed approach (if you’re honest), but you have enough time to cut off the A/P and flare after seeing the rabbit (I think you may be busting minimums if you continue), but it gets you nice and sweaty during the attempt.

Judging from this video of “Zero Visibility”, it looks to be well above most approach minimums. More like 3/4 to almost 1 mile vis, and overcast at 600’-800’. So not really simulating low, foggy IFR.

Since this topic has resurfaced and is getting some more attention, don’t forget there is an upcoming Developer Q&A. One of the submitted questions addresses this, and currently has 33 votes. If this is something you feel needs looked into again, would encourage you to go to the link below and hit the vote button:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/fog-visibility-slider/323434

2 Likes

While this is a nice attempt, this is unusable for IFR training…

Usually one of the easiest things to simulate.

1 Like

Voted on “Fog / Visibility slider” and " Weather - Visibility Control" threads

1 Like

I’m so happy to see this is finally getting some traction from the community. Please make sure you upvote the issue in the Bugs and Issues forum.

1 Like

Why should this be voted on to measure demand for it? This isn’t simply a nice-to-have, but a basic component of any flight sim.