Bring back Clouds previous to update 5

My system is strong enough to avoid the pixelating issue but the clouds look monstrously grotesque compared to RW. Also the shading is way off. Thick clouds are not dark on top, only underneath. Also they don’t look like frozen globs of urine in RL. The cumulus alone seem realistic but when heavy cumulonimbus are depicted in the sim they are not realistic. And they no longer have the sharp definition as they did before the dumbing down by ASOBO. In the attempt to satisfy the low end hardware gamers, they have seemingly taken away much of the reality that attracted us to the sim. This is a high-tech game and unfortunately, yesterday’s hardware will have issues. Don’t dumb-down the sim to give better frame-rates to low tech users! Instead suggest options so they can enjoy the game at a lower level but don’t diminish the RW integrity for the rest of us.

And where are the cirrus clouds?

2 Likes

I am thinking it was more about prepping for consoles than trying to please those with lower end systems. After all, they did just “flip a bird” to many minimum spec users in the last update who can no longer play the game. My card and system is at minimum spec and I was very pleased with the earlier release graphics. They were gorgeous for all users regardless of supported hardware - minimum to the best. It is a shame that they seem to be headed in ghe wrong direction.

1 Like

I really hope that a fix will be founded…:frowning:

I do as well but, in the meantime, saving up for a new GPU in the future. I have my doubts that this will be addressed and is probably low on their priority list (if on it at all). It is killing me to see all the great screenshots and be grounded - unable to enjoy. I have a great deal of $ invested already and also a ton of time organizing the great addon scenery from the users. Good luck to all on any fixes or upgrades.

I just don’t accept that this problem cannot be easily solved. Keep up the pressure

1 Like

Today we will see whether this thread makes it to the Feedback Snapshot. If yes, we will probably have a better of idea of their thoughts on the issue. If not, it means that we are being ignored on purpose.

Our only other chance I think is to try and get this question asked in the next Developer Q&A. I kindly ask that you upvote the thread I’m linking. Unfortunately most people don’t realise that if this issue is repeated in the future it could affect a much larger portion of the simulator’s userbase.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/regarding-shifting-system-requirements/322707/

This thread was omitted from the Feedback Snapshot once again. There is little doubt now that we are being swept under the rug.

Too late for us but I have been warning potential buyers. I just wish they would have thrown in some lubricant for $120. I really do think this has tremendous potential but not sure I can trust them for this, or future, titles. Not changing published specs for new buyers is absolutely not cool.

1 Like

Just saw the Feedback Snapshot Blog. Perhaps someone can explain what were all those white objects in the sky. I don’t see them when I fly. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Actually meant a frown :frowning:

1 Like

Jayne said that she will be inquiring with the developers regarding the missing threads from the Feedback Snapshot. We might finally have a more definitive answer soon.

I am almost completely certain it won’t be a positive one, but at least it will be something. As BeachBum5691 said, the most important thing is for the listed system requirements to be changed so that this does not happen to new buyers. Hopefully once they notice the attention this issue has received, they will try to do better next time.

1 Like

Agreed, and to clarify - I have not told people not to purchase. Just warned them to post their specs in forums and get feedback
from others with same hardware/GPU before forking out their cash. Hopefully they get more than a couple months out if it before more changes are made that renders their hardware obsolete. I still support the sim, I would not still be hanging around if I felt otherwise. In fact, would be flying tonight if possible. I am just very disappointed and a bit untrusting. I missed out on another card on OfferUp today so may just uninstall and revisit again in the future.

1 Like

I also agree that they revert to the previous rendering system of the previous clouds, and that when they actually make changes of this magnitude they put it in the update notes, I think it is a lack of respect, to a user who barely I have 2 days to buy the simulator and then tell me that my GPU is obsolete, where I have been able to play games like GHOST RECON: WILDLANDS,

2 Likes

The clouds are definitley looking 100 times worse than when the sim was released. I only have the nvidia 1650 and ran the clouds on ultra and they looked amazing even a real life pilot said the same. As for now all the clouds seem pixalated and blured around the edges of them then theres the clouds that look like piles of mashed potato splated on a plate. Whatever they have done to the clouds and indeed a lot of the scenery seems off. It looks like they have tried to make things look crisper etc but have gone WAY too far with it. PLEASE fix the ■■■■ skies we are all now left with even if you just put them back to how they were at launch it would be a MASSIVE improvement

1 Like

bit likr the oscillation on the 320 neo they said they have fixed then you mean

if the issues with the clouds looking ■■■■ is down to certain graphics cards then why am i having gaphics issues with the clouds running a nvidia 1650. That is just utter horse ****. Funny how these “outdated” graphics cards or whatever they have said NO ONE ever had any issues with them prior to the update.

So if the clouds looking ■■■■ is down to which graphics card someone has what are they gonna blame the oscilation problems with the A320 on wrong pc brand perhaps maybe the colour of the casing.

trying to get your hands on flight controls is a struggle at the moment let alone graphics cards because everyone is stuck at home (at least for the uk anyway) so they are spending theyre time on here.

1 Like

Yes! I have GTX 1650 as well. I suspected that they made some big hidden changes in the TAA anti-aliasing implementation which made ALL graphical cards that do not support VR effectively obsolete.

GTX 1650 happens to be one of those video cards that even Oculus Quest 2 doesn’t support (1650 Super is supported though). I wonder if any other video cards (like 1650 Super or 1660) that support VR also experience the same grainy clouds/scenery issue.

I tried my best not to believe any conspiracy theory. However I cannot cheat my own eyes and deny obvious FACTS that significant graphics downgrading in TAA is now happening for many low end graphical cards up to GTX 1650. AND Asobo hinted that they knew this happened but instead would’t support those cards they deemed would soon obsolete.

This is very bad and irresponsible! How can you sell a game and then dictate gamers to upgrade their graphical cards? Nowadays a 1650 Super costs around $200, AND it needs more power so if I need an upgrade I really need a new power supply. To many people that’s too much and they need to spend $1,000 or so to buy a brand new PC!

I don’t have hard evidence but I do notice many telling signs: secret downgrading through upgrade, refusal to help lower end cards, lots of trolls bashed people reporting similar issues and claimed nothing was wrong (why were they so defensive and sometimes rude when they felt other’s issue didn’t affect them?), etc.

And last here’s my own experience: after I filed a very detailed issue report to the desk, my ticket status was secretly changed to “SOLVED”?! I didn’t receive any detail, and the grainy clouds and graphics have been the same. So what the xxxx was going on there? WHY would they refuse a ticket by falsely labeling it as “solved”? How many other issue reports were treated like this? Why did I feel that this pattern was same as how we were told by “other gamers” that nothing was wrong and all we complained had been illusions?!

Maybe to get this games VR ready (additional revenue?), the development team has to modify how the game process TAA and make it more VR compatible. However, to those non-VR ready cards, this probably meant they would start to experience inferior image quality! Adobo seemed know this well, otherwise WHY they suddenly “improved TAA” in Update 5? That wording suggested they started to use a quite different TAA approach, didn’t they?

If anyone is using the Steam version and getting the flashing clouds issue, please check out this post. There is no guarantee it will do anything at all but it could be worth a try.

Please disregard the above. It was tested and it doesn’t seem to fix the problem.