Bring back old events (discovery flights, landing challenges, iconic flights, bush trips, etc.)

I hope they also keep the Halloween event for later use. I really had fun dozend times already with it.
They should also push it to a new “activities” menu called “Events”.

Regarding the Japan tour I used the Flightplan provided in the link above and did the total tour with the TBM yesterday. Really impressive ! Thats how I wish europe will also be represented anyday…

2 Likes

I agree that they should create an archive category and move them there after they “expire”…

1 Like

I was waiting to do in in VR bummed its gone!

1 Like

Flight plans are not the same, this is a curated experience with set weather time etc. You’ll also notice certain things are disabled as they should be. I definately want that so please Asobo bring back the world tours :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Agree, I’m too busy to fly right now and I want to fly it too

4 Likes

I played the Halloween landing challenge - found it on the main menu as “current live event”.
Now it’s gone, and I can’t find it anywhere. Quite annoying, it’s quite fun.

Where do I find it? Please don’t tell me that this was a limitied-time thing …

1 Like

It’s a ‘weekly challenge’, they’re only available for 1 or 2 weeks (2 mostly). It might come back next year around Halloween.

1 Like

Yea, those are all limited-time challenges that will be replaced periodically. There’s a new one on there now after today’s patch.
You might submit a “wishlist” request to have it available for play later. But they’ve said all along that there would be limited-time challenges, in addition to the long-term challenges.
Regards

1 Like

:frowning:
I exited the game and enabled HDR mode to see it in full colour, and then it was gone.

Thanks for the replies, though.
I will submit a wishlist for a library of such challenges.

2 Likes

The Halloween landing challenge is now gone, and that’s just too bad, so sad.

I played it, thought it would look nicer in HDR, so I exited the game, and then it was gone.

It would be very nice with a library of such time-limited events.
Just like google has a library of doodles (Google Doodles)

There could be a menu item under landing challenges next to “famous”, “epic”, “strong wind” with such a library.

1 Like

Imo challenges should stay there. Not everyone bought the game on release and had a chance to experience it. Would be nice to just have all challenges added to current challenge list so everyone could do it whenever they like. This was a really nice one and it’s a shame it’s gone.

3 Likes

200% agree

1 Like

:sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

PLEASE Asobo…mantain the challenges in a new section…
Please Asobo, keep the challenges we already did in a separate section or to be able to download and save in the community folder.
Hallowen’s challenge, apart from being fun, was visually a marvel of design, combination of colors and lights, inventiveness, lightning, thunder and sensations that will be hard to beat.
Let us keep this wonder because it’s a shame we can’t play it again.
As you will see, we are not few who are asking in this (and other) forums the cause of his disappearance. HALLOWEEN RETURNS EVEN IF IT IS NOT A CHALLENGE, LET IT BE FOR FUN !!! to vote it !!!

1 Like

You could go to the same airport and tweak the settings for the visuals and fly it anytime just not as an official challenge

1 Like

I don’t think we could get carved pumpkins as runway lights though.

2 Likes

yep, would also miss the nice spooky crackle in the headset just before the big lightning strike.

1 Like

So with the latest Update #6 the halloween event also vanished.
This event was really fun and I would like to use it in the future.
So this could also be moved to the menu “Activities” / “Events history”.
What do you think?

6 Likes

exactly…put up the current event on the main page where clicking it goes to a menu where you have the current event selected, but also allow selection of past events just to re-live or, in my case, have the experience later. What about people who come into the game 2 years in? Wouldn’t it be nice for them to complete the Japan tour or Holloween 2020 event? Even give a completion badge for completing the event for those completion-ists among us…

3 Likes

Why didn’t they just move it to the bush trip section. Unfortunate choice to remove it indeed.

2 Likes

Fully agree! I guess years down the line the sim might end up getting quite cluttered, so why not include a free activity section in the marketplace where we can download these items again.

4 Likes