Bristol, United Kingdom | A fly by to wish my friend luck during open brain surgery!

My best friend who is only in his twenties has been unlucky to be getting his second open brain surgery to remove a sizeable (possibly cancerous) tumor from his brain, even in his twenties the operation has some serious risks and now that Bristol is in Photogrammetry I wanted to give him a virtual fly by (he can potentially watch it on his phone) before he goes into surgery as a show of support.

This will be quite a short fly, and any planes allowed, just please no crashing into the hospital or anything! :slight_smile:

INFORMATION:
Time: February 18th, 16:30 ZULU (GMT+00:00)
Planes: Any
Weather: Clear Skies (Or your own preference)
Time: 12:00 (Or your own preference)
Flight Plan:bristol flyover.pln (2.2 KB)

Schedule:
16:30 ZULU - We all load into Bristol Airport and Taxi to Runway 27.
16:45 ZULU - We all take off and head West, eventually turning right maintaining 2000FT.
16:55 ZULU - We should arrive at Bristol Clifton Suspension Bridge by now and will begin our fly over for 17:00 ZULU
17:00 - 17:30 ZULU - We will fly around Bristol for this time and do fly overs, please show some respect and don’t fly crash into the hospital
17:30 - 17:45 ZULU - We land back at Bristol on Runway 27.

We are going to all take off from Bristol Airport at exactly 16:45 ZULU time. We will head North to the Clifton Suspension Bridge and from there fly over Bristol Royal Infimary, we will then circle around Bristol for 30 minutes before flying back to land at Bristol Airport around 17:30 ZULU.

8 Likes

Which server? North Europe?

1 Like

And any communications? On Discord perhaps?

Anyone here? Am on runway 27 - next to me is just one more airplane, player tag KSHYH… is that you @Yetty5997 ?

There were a 3-4 flyers gathered up but we started taking off and splitting up around 16:35Z. Oh well

Sad to have missed this flight. I was hoping it was this evening.

Cheers to your friend. Godspeed on his recovery and may he live in peace after the tumor is removed.

Hi,

I wish your friend all the best and a good, speedy recovery! May he be well in the near future.

I started at exactly 1645Z from runway 27. Unfortunately I only saw one more aircraft waiting on the runway at that time (tag KSHYH). In fact, that airplane also seemed to fly the same navigation line, but not sure who that was or whether that aircraft was also participating in the flyover at all.

Anyway, I made some screenshots of the area which I believe is the hospital where your friend is in. Again, godspeed and tell your friend best regards from Zurich, Switzerland!

3 Likes