Broken Autopilot 747

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Steam
Brief description of the issue:
I was flying the 747 and suddently the plane dived straight down without explanation, then i disabled it but if i turned it back and selected 42000ft altitude it would still not climb, all the temperatures of the engines were fine and live weather was off.

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Fly the 747
Activate autopilot
Wait for disaster
Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
Update GOTY (18th November)

Doesn’t seem to be just the 747.
I had it happen a couple times in the FBW A320.
After several minutes the issue mysteriously resets itself and all is good again. (except for my passengers)
There are a few posts lately in various sections regarding this.

1 Like

It happened to me once too but it was on the normal A320. Didn’t know the issue resets itself, the last time it happened my 747 just kamikazed into the Indic Ocean.
Hope they fix it soon.

1 Like

why dose the auto throttle decide to engage automatically within the stages on approach to the airport i was in a landing mode and required thrust and could not understand why i was getting no thrust upon looking the auto throttle was engaged and i had no idea the switch was down on the off position but when the mouse hover over the switch it was in the on position has anyone had similar problems with the 747

h

I have noticed similar 747 autopilot behaviour on the Xbox. The behavoir I noticed is that around the 1 hour mark, the autopilot starts turning off the flight path for no apparent reason. Turning the AP off, returning to the flight path, then re-engaging the AP resolves the issue. Still frustrating when on ILS and it happens.

I’m trying to do some challenges with the 747. Autopilot is so broken that I can’t complete any.

I mean, it doesn’t follow vertical speed at all. Doesn’t follow speed even if I have auto-thrust activated.

Most buttons can’t be clicked and sometime I can’t even click to deactivate autopilot.

I don’t know if it’s a boring thing, but A320 autopilot is much more easier.

I think I will just uninstall that plane.