Bucker Bu-131 B “Jungmann”

Is anyone flying this on xbox and finding that there’s a fisheye effect to the cockpit view that is very off putting?
If there’s a fix I’d love to know, tried as much as I can find but to no avail…

Any one find that this plane flys way to fast . I find it it to fast and not scale like.

1 Like

Don’t forget it’s the 105hp engine and Airspeed indicator is graduated in Km/h. Not in MPH or Knots.
And if you think you are too fast, reduce power :wink:
You’ll find speeds in the flight manual.

2 Likes

If you compare it to how it fly’s to the Boeing Stearman etc. it does not feel right. It is way to quick. I have flown Tiger moths in real life and have a very good idea on how it should behave. But hey that’s only my opinion.

It would help if you maybe cited some specific speed numbers you’re seeing instead of just repeating “too fast” and “too quick.”

If you’re referring to responsiveness, remember the Jungman has ailerons on both the upper and lower wings, which the Tiger Moth and Stearman don’t.

5 Likes

Visited this bird today.

I am not fully sure if it’s the same plane but what struck me was that the opening for the cooling in the nose is on the other side.

I just purchased this airplane and I cannot hear the engine, or virtually any other cockpit sounds at all. Go to external view (or switch to any other airplane) and the sounds are fine as they have always been.
Anyone else having this issue? Is there a fix?
Thanks in advance for any help-
Chris

Where did you purchase the addon, SimMarket or MSFS?

Thanks for the quick response. I bought it on the Marketplace- was that a bad call? :astonished:

It shouldn’t have been a bad call! I looked at my copy (from SimMarket) and it looks like it does use quite a few custom WAV files, but I’m pretty sure it’s also borrowing sounds from a default aircraft. Do you have all of the default aircraft installed? I’d assume you do unless you manually deleted any out of your MS folders.

There are a few I believe that I do not have installed, I am mostly a vintage and / or military plane buff, and a lot of the default aircraft either hold no interest for me, or are so poor they are not worth flying. Hard drive space is another issue.
It’s too bad, a nice chunk of money for a plane that sounds like a glider. I wont be flying it in the state it is in, and my guess is, it wont be corrected.
Thanks for you time & help-

Never had sound issues with the Bu-131 so it is not a generic bug with the aircraft. The issue is most likely a conflict with other addons or as stated missing sound files in your install.

I rarely fly the Jungmann these day but that is not because of problems or bugs with the addon. The Jungmann is fine. It is just that the Ant’s Tiger Moth does the whole vintage biplane thing better, and in more depth, and I usually take that up instead.

1 Like

I’d recommend reaching out to the developer, he’s a nice guy and could probably get you sorted quickly. Best of luck!

1 Like

I am going to disable all my add-ons and try it again, maybe you’ve got something there-

No harm trying.

Well that’s most likelty your problem. Try reinstalling the default planes and you’ll most likely get your engine sounds back.

I confirm this is the reason. Bu-131 has the sounds of Cessna engines, probably.

UPDATE:
Bucker Jungman sound is aliased to the Robin DR400/100. So I installed that ■■■■■■ and now my B-J sounds wonderful.
Thanks to all who contributed and took the time to help, especially StarDrifter 2223 who first suggested a possible aliasing issue-Salute!
Chris

2 Likes

Jungmann was just updated in the Marketplace

2 Likes

Wunderbar.