Bucker Bu-131 B “Jungmann”

them that wants AP don’t mind the incongruence atall

1 Like

i love the bucker !!!

Ha ha while I agree, it’s there and should function correctly. I only noticed it yesterday as I usually just hand fly but thought I would test it.

2 Likes

I’ve just tried A/P (never tried before with this plane).
After twenty minuts with VS at 0 and heading engaged no issue. It continues it’s level flight.
To move heading, for all my planes I have the following, wich also works perfectly with the Bu131:
Left/Right positions of a 4 ways POV on my joystick are binded to:
Instruments and Systems/ Flight Instruments/ Increase/Decrease Heading Bug.
It works also binded on an encoder on my self made buttons box.
Hope it helps.

I might try binding the heading switch to my joystick pov , when I use the controller it moves so slow.

I wonder why the AP would not stay level for me? Will try again

But how about simulating turning the aircraft over to the co-pilot in the front seat? Does the AI pilot in MSFS 2020 work with the Jungmann? If no AP, I like to turn my aircraft over to the co-pilot to pop out into exterior view to enjoy the exterior model of the aircraft set against the beautiful cinematic scenery of MSFS 2020! :sunglasses:

Note the 4 ways switch I use act like buttons, not as axes.
Try to bind to buttons to see what happens.
When you’ll try again the A/P, try with VS set to 0 and heading activated. Not only A/P on.

Nobody says you need to use it.
Just let others use it if it’s convenient for them.
So many things are not realistic in the sim…
Outside view first.
IRL, can you see your plane from outside and more turn around it ?

1 Like

See, I’m not time traveling in the sim…I’m not flying in the '40s. I’m flying a 1940s aircraft in 2022, which may have some modern features that have been added over the years.

(I don’t actually own this aircraft. I’m waiting for it to not be exclusive to the marketplace)

3 Likes

Unfortunately I think this will never happen. :frowning_face:

1 Like

It’s weird because on their product page on the website they have inactive links to various store fronts at the bottom of the page https://lionheartsimulations.com/bucker_bu131b.html that’s why I’ve been holding out for a non marketplace release and occasionally asking in the thread if there’s any news about it.

2 Likes

That’s what I was waiting for. There’s three categories of aircraft for me:

1. The ones I absolutely want, of which I’ll make an exception for and buy from the marketplace if that’s the only option. (Carenado)

2. Ones I don’t actively desire, but I’d buy it in a 3rd party store to try it out. (This aircraft fits into this category)

3. Aircraft I’m not interested in at all. (Military aircraft, airliners, etc)

2 Likes

It’ll be more likely to happen with SimMarket’s weird new installer which I believe has some vague anti-piracy measures. Lionheart’s plan is likely to backfire though as I lost the hype for this plane waiting for it to come to another distributor, and I’ll likely never buy it now. Would have been a guaranteed buy had it been outside of the Marketplace.

3 Likes

They even don’t reply a simple question, so I I’m not waiting anything from them. :frowning_face:
Because I really love the Bu131, I was weak and bought it from Marketplace.
During first fly I discovered they don’t give it an aerobatic carburator (the real Hirth 504 had one…) so you can’t fly inverted. Even at the top of a loop the engine is near to cut.
A real shame for a plane used for aerobatics !
Fortunately, even if files are encrypted, I could made a mod in Community folder with an engines.cfg file.
But if they sell encyipted planes, it’s their job to do these kind of things !

5 Likes

Yes please, if you can, post the mod for inverted flight able carburetor

Got the Bucker at the Marketplace at a bargain price thanks to summer sales :wink:
It is a fantastic, great biplane: I love how it looks and how it flies. Lovely and immersive!

Thanks also to PlumbGlue67 for his great engine mod which makes acrobatics possible for the Bucker :wink:

1 Like

Just now on facebook:

Update 1.1 is soon…!

Build 1.1 for the classic German/Swiss Jungmann…! The upload was sent to MS Market Place. Any day it should show up for updating to your files.

This provides about 6 updates to the Bu-131 aircraft:

• Engine Sound Pack of inline classic 4 cylinder that sounds more like the classic Hirth 504.
  • Handling adjustments to landing gear that enable the Bucker to make turns on the ground faster without wing tips touching. More proper. She isnt as spongy now, so you’ll need to land her a bit more smoothly or you’ll bounce.
  • Fix to front pilot not showing up. Now she shows up all the time, but now she is an option and can show up ‘in’ the VC. Off, no front pilot. On, she is there inside and outside. Makes for better realism of flying with someone in the front seat. Not easy.
  • Speed tapes put on the ASI to show stall and max speeds.
  • Better mouse over for the Placcards ‘German to English’ flip button.
  • Glowing, brighter NAV lights on wing tips and tail using Asobo glow mesh tech.

Hope you enjoy it ‘more’. :slight_smile:

Bill
LHC

8 Likes

hoping to see more repaints for the Bucker one of these days.
I figured Bill would take care of some things once he got his arms around the MSFS parameters

1 Like

I also picked this up at the marketplace sale. At 50% off it is an absolute bargain.

Very impressed I have been flying it a lot.

3 Likes

The sounds are definitely the Achilles heel of the package, otherwise it is great.

I really look forward to the updated sounds, hope it just has some sounds that reflect the fact it’s an open cockpit biplane, the default sounds applied make it sound like it’s flying in a vacuum, it’s one area where the DC Designs Sterman is way ahead.