[BUG] Cockpit Camera - Toggle Copilot View

Hey guys I think I found a workaround. You need to press the key very fast and there are at least 80% chance that you can make it work

3 Likes

3 MONTHS later… still a bug. LMAO

2 Likes

5 months later and still buggy

4 Likes

Yeah. What a joke. It’s probably just 2-3 lines of codes that need fixing and yet… close to 6 months… and no resolution in sight.

3 Likes

2 World Updates and 2 Sim Updates (along with several hot fixes) later and still broken. I really wish that any existing feature that is broken by a WU or SU is fixed via hotfixes prior to the next major update otherwise you end up in this situation where months later it remains broken.

1 Like

Finally I found this!
Yes. It is broken. Not sure if is not some sort of a file that gets modified in App data/MFS/ folder and then is bye-bye. Maybe there is a mod that does this and then no matter the fact you disable all mods the bug persists.

You can press continously the button you have assigned and at some point it will switch the view but is random and annoying.

I call BS on the mod that could do this, I had to reinstall Win 10 and FS and started vanilla, no mods, nothing… and I still had the same effing issue. It’s broken, and Asobo broke it. No one else.

1 Like

Then we can strike that possibility out.
I said maybe there also be some remains of mods at fault because we do use mods (but we turn them off for testing) and there are remains of mods in User Folder\ App Data\Mfs.

I wonder if this bug will be fixed in SU6.
Can anyone who joined in the SU6 preview check it please?

No. Not fixed

Please tag this post as a bug. I think this old bug is very clear and easy to reproduce. I want to use this function (landing view and copilot view) properly on SU7.

1. Copilot view does not work.
  2. Landing view and Hold Landing view are swapped each other.
1 Like

Just discovered this bug today, trying to swap seats with copilot.
Sad to see reported April. I hope it’s in Zendesk already.
EDIT: Just reported to Zendesk.

1 Like

Trust is a hard thing to obtain! Even within your own country!
But Hey Nice Label!

6 months and still broken? Well, glad I stopped game pass months ago. This game has a total lack of quality control.

I didn’t bother to point this out at the beginning but now that I’m using the Just Flight Hawk which needs to tick some items in the copilot seat, this bug has become very annoying

Too much time has passed since the issue was raised. Please fix this simple copilot view issue.

I’ve recently tumbled on this bug myself after purchasing the hawk, but I found a solution. @PSVwally already mentioned it, but maybe it was poorly worded or something, I dunno, it kinda opened to me after figuring these settings.

There are options for:

• Camera/Cockpit camera/Load custom camera #X
  • Camera/Cockpit camera/Save custom camera #Y

For example the hawk begins to work as intended, after choosing camera from the in-game top menu, selecting copilot (backseat fella), “Save custom camera #1” (make a shortcut for it and press) and then assigning the “Load custom camera #1” to key/button/cat. I think the “reset view” keybind ie. default one brings camera back to original position and then you’re set.

After you’ve saved a camera position on a slot, the “Load custom camera #N” keybind acts as a toggle, while saving the earlier position and then switching between those two.

This is broken since…well I dunno it was still cold, maybe some shades of green started appearing down the end of my runway…February ??

IFR COCKPIT MODE —is ok–> IFR COCKPIT MODE

IFR COCKPIT MODE (HOLD) —is ok–> IFR COCKPIT MODE (HOLD)

VFR COCKPIT MODE —is bugchanged to–> LANDING COCKPIT MODE (HOLD)

VFR COCKPIT MODE (HOLD) —is bugchanged to–> VFR COCKPIT MODE

LANDING COCKPIT MODE —is bugchanged to–> IFR COCKPIT MODE (HOLD)

LANDING COCKPIT MODE (HOLD) —is bugchanged to–> LANDING COCKPIT MODE

VFR COCKPIT MODE —mutated with–> RESET HOME COCKPIT —and together they lead a parasitic life off of–> COPILOT VIEW

COPILOT VIEW --…:woozy_face: :sos: :hot_face:…–> well the poor thing’s somehow hanging on in there for close to a year although it ain’t easy…you know…the umm…mutation related…things…

2 Likes

We can start placing bets that this stupid bug will still be there in April for its one year anniversary.

Pathetic.

2 Likes

Yesterday I found this bug has not been fixed yet. Hopefully I expect they will fix this on simUpdate VIII.