Shimmering/AA downgrade since SU5 (in-game, not menus/overlays)

This is a very representative video of the issue, and to set the record straight, there has been no change between SU4 and SU5 on the system used to recording it (drivers, hardware, etc…), or even if there has been one that I don’t remember, it is so widespread an issue that it makes it unlikely this is just a system related problem only (but it could be).

I’ve already posted all the details in my posts:

Of course it is also a possibility and a reason why this issue won’t be addressed as-is, but in this case it would have been clear for everyone if clearly announced. However, it is possible this can’t be announced as being solved with DX12 only because DX12 on PC is not fully implemented yet and they can’t therefore commit on any future uncertainty, which is expected and normal.

I’m the founder of Reality XP, we’ve been contributing to building this industry which was nascent when we started 20 years ago, we’ve kept raising the bar with a proven track record of renown, awarded products and innovative R&D ever since, on 3 different major simulation platforms. Yet MSFT stopped talking with us dead cold since March 2020. Being successful developer or experienced enginer in the field of video games, flight simulation and professional simulation doesn’t seem to be any valuable argument to help making this franchise any better.

2 Likes