Shimmering/AA downgrade since SU5 (in-game, not menus/overlays)

Yeah same here, I saw the effort many were putting in to get our questions answered but the mods kept deleting the comments. Not very professional IMO.

I feel like the questions we had answered weren’t crucial and it felt like they were nitpicked for the team to answer easily.

1 Like

I actually understoofdthem to say that they found some shimmer bugs and that they haved fixed it, I thought they were refering to SU6?

In any case, we need to bring it up again next time… this is the single worst bug, I don’t even care about any of the others as it is

3 Likes

I think they said they have fixed recently introduced aliasing bugs - was that just referring to the overlay menus though?

Not sure, I may have misunderstood. But when did we have AA/shimer problems before?

But they definitely said on the slide that reflections in VR are fixed in SU6, and according tocptlucky, the shimmer may be related to reflections. So fingers crossed…

I don’t understand why this thread isn’t more active.

Are we really so much in the minority? Or are other people really that oblivious? This should be the #1 bug, it’s visbible basically all the time (maybe not in some regions and sometimes the lighting is just right that it doesn’t appear) and destroys the immersion completely.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ll take my PC to France to have this bug solved, that’s how much of a devoted simmer I am.

I think the majority of people are oblivious to the fact that it exists, that’s why it’s so hard to get people involved into this topic. As I mentioned before AA and Shimmering is a very difficult topic to explain and get people to notice.

3 Likes

Yeah please take it there!!

It’s not hard to notice though… it’s hard not to notice (at least in VR on a G2). It just jumps you right in the face and it wasn’t there before. It’s not a “once seen it can’t be unseen” thing, it’s just clear as day on all autogen buildings and trees at mid-distance and in daytime lighting…

4 Likes

I would if I received an invitation to demonstrate.

But when a 20 years old renown vendor of flight simulation solution is telling you and documenting the bug, I’d expect you take it seriously… Not because the vendor reporting it is right, because in this case I can be wrong, but at least I’d expect in return a minimum level of consideration to the seriousness of the report, and nothing prevents them from picking up their phone and talk directly to a select group of people. I’m even under NDA with Microsoft as a Official 3rd Party Developer, and I’m fluent in French for crying out loud - there I cry like a Roblox gamer LOL

@BearsAreCool510
We might be a minority: is this a problem on the Xbox? Is this bug a “few” are experiencing directly affecting the revenue stream from the market place? So yes we might perfectly be a minority, but the fact we’re many all of a sudden reporting a shimmering bug which didn’t exist before is sufficient enough to think, as a developer, there is a bug introduced somehow since the latest updates, and if not corrected early on, it can have ripple effects later on. If not, I believe they would have told in the Q&A something like: “We know, it affects a few of you, we won’t correct this bug right now because when DX12 is released it won’t be a problem. Sorry with this bug right now, be patient with us”. Sebastian instead said it is a bug they are yet to formally identify for now.

6 Likes

I hear ya! And well to be fair, Roblox AA and scenery looks a lot better than MSFS. LOL

2 Likes

Some posts were removed from this topic. Please keep posts on-topic to not cause unrest or derail.

:small_blue_diamond:Non-Constructive Posts: Spamming, Trolling, or Topic Bumping

Non-constructive posts do not add to the community and include but are not limited to:

• Being intentionally disruptive
  • Derailing threads
  • Creating posts or threads intended to cause unrest in the forums

Do not discuss moderation on the forum.

:small_blue_diamond: Discussing Moderator Actions

The Microsoft Flight Simulator forums is not the place to discuss disciplinary or moderator actions taken on an account, including your own.

1 Like

Let us hope that the Shimmer will be gone with the fixes reflections. Perhaps the fixed Antialiasing for the menu has also an positive impact on the shimmer in the game🙏

2 Likes

if i remember the deleted post, perhaps it is a little off topic but has interresting complementary information about an Issue. it could be useful to have it resend into a new specific thread if moderators have no objection ? everything that can make the product be to better deserve to be read and perhaps analysed by MSFS team.

2 Likes

That post was highly relevant to the topic at hand, which is the bug…

3 Likes

guys do you still have this issue without using VR ? because i’m a non VR simmer and i have it

I don’t know how to help you unfortunately. I’d like to though.

Have you tried searching this topic or others for similar reports of shimmering in 2D?

none, i found only about VR. I’m just asking if someone in this thread have the same issue without VR.

Again, I’d like to help you out, but I’m not sure what I’ll answer you is appropriate or not for this topic. I’m really sorry about this.

2 Likes

no problem