[BUG LOGGED] Always "Continue in Safe Mode" message

It is also not fixed for me… Still getting the safe mode option when starting the sim even after a normal quit

Uninstalling your 3rd party addons and removing all files from community should fix this

It’s baaack! This is messed up. Flew fine yesterday. Started today and system (not aircraft) crashed while loading. Got the dreaded notice. Attempted to load in safe mode and it crashed again. On a whim, tried to load in normal mode and it loaded OK. Go figure. I’ve implemented all the above suggested fixes and this still happens. I’d use stronger language about how messed up this is but don’t want my comments cancelled.

The crash is a trigger, I can repeat it by closing in task manager but why would I? Something with YOUR system or install isn’t quite right but expecting a full diagnostic service is really asking a lot.

OK. When I said “system” I meant MSFS not my win10 OS. And who is expecting full diagnostic services from a forum? Lots of folks appear to have this issue. Something in the last update caused it. What’s the fix?

i have this problem too

I have been getting this since the latest update. I only have one custom in my community folder (Bijan Seasons)… but I also had a Nvidia driver update shortly after the MSFS2020 update. I can tell you if i empty out the community folder- i still get it. If I try to start in normal- I get memory stack overflow threatening that someone can take over my pc shortly before finishing the airport load (after hitting “fly”)… If i don’t hit ok on the error, the program runs to the point of being ready to fly but then I acknowledge the error and the whole thing CTD. I’ve tried my old fix of turning of G-Sync on the nvidia driver and that doesn’t fix it.

I reinstalled and it fixed it. Its not a mod its the sim itself when it closes it kicks a ‘silent’ error, and that causes the popup. If I launched from steam it wouldnt do it, but if I launched from a link on the desktop it would. Eventually I reinstalled the sim (for other reasons not this one) and it was fixed.

1 Like

i am getting the “safe mode” “normal mode” message since SU5, doesnt matter if i close the sim properly or empty my community folder, i still get it.

I’m still getting this one. Anyone else? On every startup of the sim.

1 Like

The recent su6 update solved it for me, sorry to see you still get it

SU6 introduced this for me. I get it every single time now, never had it once until this update.

2 Likes

HI @Jummivana Seems like this issue is not quite gone - at least I have it, and not alone :slight_smile: Could you re-open it with the team?

I checked event viewer and here is what shows up in the logs. Note that it doesn’t appear to crash to me at all, it looks like it closes normally but it’s actually crashing on close hence the error:

Windows cannot access the file  for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program FlightSimulator.exe because of this error.

Program: FlightSimulator.exe
File: 

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
User Action
1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
	- It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
	- It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data
Error value: 00000000
Disk type: 0

LOL the error is back again, not sure why, nothing has changed.

1 Like

FWIW I ran CHKDSK and it did find and fix errors, however the error remains.

Back again here after being gone for a while. Frustrating

1 Like

I’ve been having the same message since the SU6 update. My community folder is empty and I haven’t had any CTD’s. Been exiting the sim using the Quit Option at the bottom of the main menu. Crazy how this sim seems to go forward one step and then back two.

Has anyone found any solution for this???

I did a full resinstall after su6 and it fixed it here…believe it or not there is an issue with the software that causes an ‘invisible’ error when you shut down. Before I reinstalled I could not get it by launching the sim direct from steam, but if I launched it from a desktop icon I would still get it when quitting the game…

1 Like