[BUG LOGGED] ATC bug after WU4

After the latest update ATC is really bugged now. A prime example of this is just now I was flying from KMYR to KPHL and the ATC got “stuck” when talking to a plane with a real weird characters in it’s title. Asobo you need to hotfix this right away. I’ve been a supporter since day 1 but my patience it wearing very thin.

Updated with pix taken today:

Is this what you noticed? If so, it happens to me as of the last update as well.

2 Likes

Yes that’s it.

Same. Instead I get **FFFFFFFF. I keep hearing every airplane repeat this callsign in rapid succession ad nauseum. It’s getting on my nerves.

10 Likes

Same problem

2 Likes

ATC is completely broken with Wold Update 4.
Maybe we should really start some kind of a drinking game or at least take bets on what Asobo will mess up next… because one thing is for sure: They will always mess up something with the updates.

I have the problem that ATC now often does not talk… you just get the text… IF they talk, often the tower/ATC voice starts talking even when yourself (the pilot) is still talking.

Also, on my German version of the Game (yes, game, it’s not a sim yet) ATC suddenly mixes in German words in the usually Enlish spoken words.
Most is still English, which is correct, but suddently some words of this AI voice are spoken in German. Very distracting and hard to understand.

IF ATC talks at all… most of the time it’s so broken now, that you don’t even get a voice… just the text.

10 Likes

My biggest ATC bugbears are:

• the cleared takeoff/landing runway more often than not has a tailwind
  • landing AI aircraft go very slow or just stop on the runway when landed, causing multiple go arounds until it clears
  • having to regularly stop taxiing to give way to airport vehicles on the taxiway when they really should be giving way to me
  • multiple up/down changes to altitude on approach to an airport with IFR flight plan

I really hope these are fixed in the next Sim update.

10 Likes

Same problem

1 Like

Exacly the same here. “Wenn Sie bereit zum Rollen sind” with a strange English accent. Einfach nur noch eine Zumutung.

4 Likes

Furthermore, since World Update 4, ATC often just crashes. Meaning, I had it now several times during approach that the ATC menu just froze.
The rest of the plane and menus work, but ATC freezes. Therefore: No communication, no landing clearance, nothing.
in one work: broken.

Also: The sim crashes to desktop more often again. I got some memory issues message and then the sim died.
Don’t know if it’s the same problem like the problem that causes the ATC problems.

So sad. lol Asobo even had a short “beta test” for this update last week and it’s still such a mess.

6 Likes

Atc is broken yes, Asobo ?

1 Like

Can also confirm. I had the rather unusual **FFFFFFFF bug yesterday too. It was funny at first though I’ll admit!

2 Likes

ATC bloqué seulement « traffic info « meme en mettant la fréquence à la main dans l’avion.
Les plan de vol deviennent tous direct «départ et arrivée »
Pour tous les avions et community vidé.

I have noticed that as well and it sounds terrible mixing ATC responses with german TTS. I have reported that in Beta. Too bad it is back again.

1 Like

same problem

1 Like

ATC
It was supposed to be Southwest 1593.

I also had ATC call an American Airlines flight called “Alpha Alpha Lima” instead of “American” as well.

1 Like

Here’s what I have found:
American and Mesa do not show up as airlines
Horizon and Southwest are odd characters.
Delta, SkyWest, NetJets are OK

1 Like

Apart from the strange FFFFFFF call sign, I now also hear other strange call signs like PS2, V4 instead of normal call signs like Turkish, KLM which I heard before the update.

I have made a report to Zendesk.

2 Likes

Same with italian

1 Like

Add Frontier, Republic, PSA to the list of bad call signs.

1 Like