[BUG LOGGED] ATC bug after WU4

I reported this bug to Zendesk, so probably be fixed in a year. LOL. Seriously, report it and demand a hotfix. This is a real immersion-killer.

It happens to me too. Sometimes, ATC fall into deep sleep. Wheln I shift to COM2 the back to COM1, then ATC wake up.

3 Likes

i had that today on a flight from Ibiza to Southampton twice and a couple of other weird ones using live traffic.

1 Like

I have these problems too

1 Like

ATC and Pilot/Co-Pilot Audio Mixup with German Phrases and Terms !!
Since World Update 4 the ATC and pilot voice audio uses a few german word (e.g. “Flughafen” instead of “airport” and other terms) and ist hard to understand. After the Hotfix this bug is still there.

I am a german user and have a german version of FS2020, so the correspondance with ATC is written in the ATC window in german language. But the audio (ATC, pilot and copilot) was always in english. I am “flying” in US air space, not in German local air space. Very weird…

Does anyone experience this also ? Are there language settings to check or repair instructions ?

1 Like

I can confirm ATC was working fine before WU4. After that - a whole spectrum of issues… sadly.

2 Likes

Hello everyone, thank you for your feedback. This bug has been acknowledged and logged by the team!

2 Likes

Hi,

I use Real-Time online traffic, and when I was flying in Japan, I noticed that some callsigns were blank in the ATC, as you can see on this screenshot:

I check on FlightAware, and those flights were from Japan Airlines and All Nippon Airways, and their callsigns both contain spaces (Japan Air and All Nippon), so I think there could be an issue with the ATC being unable to read callsigns with spaces.

Could you please check this or confirm it is a known issue?

Thank you.

1 Like

Anyone seen this callsign for th eAI aircraft. :rofl:

I’m in an Easyjet A320 and I’ve set “Easy” callsign and that works normally.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

1 Like

Since two days ago I haven’t had any more ATC problems. Seems they fixed it server-side I suppose.

Nope they still do. Last night I was flying to TNCM airport, I have ATC communicating with a livetraffic that has callsign Sriwijaya and the traffic model and livery matches that airline.

But that airline doesn’t fly to that airport in real life and turning on the name plate is a small prop GA tail number.

It seems like it’s grabbing my A320 model, pick a random livery and a random callsign of that livery and call it a day.

The only thing I’ve encountered over the last two days has been “p 103” and “Generic AAL”. No more weird characters in the ATC calls for me.

Hahaha Flying yesterday with AI-traffic on hearing interesting callsigns like “PAUSE_SIM 361”. How does the AI come up with these strange callsigns? And when coming in on approach to Geneva LSGG I wondered why there was a crowd of AI flying around next to the ILS Glideslope. Well, every flight trying to land was instructed to go around including me, but could not find anything obstructing the runway. Crazy! :smile:

1 Like

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
no
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
no
Brief description of the issue:
Constant irritating callsign “** FFFFFFFF 212” from atc
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
During a flight from EDLP to EDDL.

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
i5 9600K - RTX2600 - 32 GB ram

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
latest build

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Microsoft version

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
Not yet

1 Like

The only time I’ve read about weird things appearing in the ATC interactions is when a mod that changes ATC phraseology has been installed.

Hi fracate,

According to the Code of Conduct, you must use English when posting on the forums. The one exception is the #multiplayer category, where you can use any language to help you find users to connect with.

If you cannot read English, the forums provide a handy feature that translates posts into your native language, you can use this feature by clicking the translate button under a post. translate icon

If you need help converting a post from your language to English, try using Bing Translator, the same service used by the forums.

That’s not the case by me.
I have no mods installed.
On a next flight from Dusseldorf to Rotterdam it happens again.
The callsign was ** FFFFFFFF 560.

3 Likes

This issue has been pushed to the developers.

2 Likes

Yeah spoke too soon. FFFFFFF#113214246 or whatever the heck it is came back today.

1 Like

Also and issue with VOZ (Virgin Australia) usual callsign Velocity. Now you just get the flight number of p.834. Also seeing allot of Waypoint 834 or Departure 834 for call signs. (834 is just a sample the flight number varies). Only started occurring post WU4.

2 Likes