Cannot hear ATC instructions and other aircraft suddenly while AI copilot still responds

same thing happening. Sometimes i only hear and see my copilots communications. Restart and magically returns back to normal. (I fly with 787)

1 Like

For me it always starts out working. But after a while it just stopes and I can only hear myself talking and the ATC window looks like posted above by PropDust.

Definitely happens multiple times for me already.

5 Likes

It was working okish last weekend but this week the Azure ATC is completely messed up. Either not responding/blanking you. The air is dead, no other traffic communicating which is really annoying.

Please fix ASAP.

1 Like

Hello - this has been a problem since release. Azure voice services can get overloaded and you loose the ATC voices. Changing to offline will always mean you can hear ATC but does mean its always the same voice, both for ATC and you as the pilot. You can’t change back during your flight however - it won’t fix it. I normally have to restart FlightSim to guarantee hearing ATC again.

Having this problem too.

8 Likes

I started a flight and it was working, flew 200 miles and it stopped only hear copilot, and I have 600 miles left to go.

1 Like

That sounds like what it does for me. Yesterday I did a 1000nm flight with the PMDG dc-6 and it worked all the way through

I was flying the DC-6 as well

1 Like

Same thing happened with the JustFlight Arrow IV

I am having this same issue, I haven’t changed any settings but mid flight atc stops talking and the messages don’t even show up in the text box.

3 Likes

I have the same on the flight I’m doing now. Can only see and hear my replies.
First time it happens to me.

2 Likes

Yesterday I could only hear and see my copilot’s replies, today I can only hear and see the tower ATC messages. I can’t hear my copilot’s voice and the text also doesn’t show up.
This is weird. ATC is unusable now. Pleople with this problem, please don’t forget to vote.

3 Likes

I have the exact same problem.
At the start of the flight I can both hear and read what ATC is saying. After some time during flight, I can only hear and read the reply of the copilot if that is switched on.

3 Likes

same here right now

Same here as well for the past few days.

Same issue here !!

Same here… ATC Is giving instructions to my “co-pilot” ( i have ATC assist turned on) and he responses to ATC, but heard can be only my co-pilot. What is worse the ATC instructions does not appear even in ATC communication menu box as text, only the co-pilot responses are recorded here. I can only guess what ATC wanted me to do based on co-pilot response. With ATC assist off there is complete silence on the radio, nor spoken nor writen communication from ATC.
It is happening time to time, usualy on longer flights. It usualy starts with normal communication and sometimes it goes silent after some time in the middle of flight. Next fligh is again everything ok and ATC talks. Definitely not a result of any setup of mine, i call it a bug

5 Likes

The problem for me seems to be caused by the TBM Improvement mod. If I use it the ATC bugs out. Made 3 flights with it disabled and didn’t have the problem. Going to keep testing.

I have the same problem and after a while even the AI co-pilot goes silent.

2 Likes

Same issue here. Flying from Geneva To Dublin, was fine just after take-off, about 20 mins into the flight, can’t hear ATC, but can see the text in the ATC window.