Cannot hear ATC instructions and other aircraft suddenly while AI copilot still responds

Also had this issue a lot of times.

I also have this issue using the Windows Store version (1st May 2022).

Me too, just now.
atc

I think the biggest problem with the coding is lack of recovery. I know, now, I have to exit the game and restart to get ATC back. They should code ATC such that it should identify the “lack of controller” and automatically restart the (??? server connection, ATC bot???). But I know doing this will start the entire conversation over again, which would be more annoying than loss of ATC.

No worries… Asobo still has 8 years to get it right?

Just to throw something into the mix: I’m finding in practice that it happens if I let the copilot handle comms from pushback. But if I do the comms myself, and hand over the comms once I’m in the air, it doesn’t happen.

It may be coincidence of course, but that’s my experience.

Same thing. Had it for a while from time to time but now its 1 in 2 flights. Vatsim is fun and all but controllers are not everywhere and I don’t feel like talking all the time after work.

Same tonight in the SU10 Beta

Since my mandatory update on XBOX this week I have lost ATC comms during 100% of my flights. It happens at random times during the flight. Even though ATC on MSFS is pathetic, it is still a crucial part of aviation and to keep losing it really takes something away from the game. The hardest part for me is not knowing the altimeter when conducting an RNAV approach. Is there another way to find this out?

Happened again… Can’t hear myself, but can hear responses from ATC. Unstable, buggy ATC.

I urge people to try my workaround which definitely seems to work for me; I’m on PC but maybe it’ll work on Xbox too. Apart from anything else, it’d be interesting to see if there is a link. And it might help Asobo find a fix.
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/lost-atc-again-one-way-conversation/497307/23?u=swifttugboat430

1 Like

thanks i will try this

Don’t forget to let us know how you get on.

I just want to add my name to this same problem. But it seems to be happening more frequently. I’m surprised this hasn’t been addressed yet. I will try SwiftTugboat430’s suggestion see if that works.

SwiftTugboat430 no help. It pretty much happens on every flight. Has anyone put in a Zendesk inquiry?

Sorry to hear that. It does work for me but that’s not much help to you of course.

There might be a clue there somewhere, though.

SiftTugboat430, it did not work for me. But I understand there is an investigation on this problem. Good luck and good flying.

1 Like

Two flights today CYYG - CYYZ, CYYZ - KDCA…lost ATC on both flights. Happened after about 2/3 of the flight. No ATC instructions to descend, contact approach, contact tower. What a bug-ridden piece of software. Was going to attempt another flight, but gave up on the idea as it would likely end in disappointment as most flights do these days. Lame, lame, lame.

Well I had the same problem a week ago and that’s how I fixed it. I’m just trying to help people. Chill.

No, that’s the point - you didn’t have the same problem a week ago, this is not your problem. Again, read the post properly. You’re applying your issue to a different issue. Read the posts, look at the screenshots people have provided. You’re not helping, you’re confusing matters.

1 Like

Ok. I have tried a million things here. Found another strange bug relating to severe FPS drops on PC which I’ve fixed but that’s for another forum. This is all relating to the A320 Asobo and on PC. I don’t know what you can or can’t do, or how different it is on an Xbox so not sure how much of this will apply to Xbox, so I’m’ purely speaking from a PC perspective.

1. I recreated the issue. I went to options, and went to offline mode WHILE in-game. I went back to online mode, WHILE in-game (It re-loads textures etc) and I got the ATC back, however I’m only getting them back at the next landing when requesting to Taxi. (strange)

2. I have also found that if I go to debug console on PC > Window > and reload in the aircraft, it will start the aircraft from cold (e.g MCDU is wiped) and I can get the ATC back this way too.

3. I also switched between Azure and text to speech in the options, I didn’t get it back in the game, but I did get it back just by restarting the session (where-as before I had to do an entire game-restart)

4. After having done the above backwards and forward, last night I then spent maybe 2 hours+ and did 5 seperate take off and landings all in the same sessions and although I never lost the ATC, randomly the ‘radio’ volume in the A320 went to mute (I mean the radio in the aircraft!) this is noticeable, because the text from ATC still appears in the window so I knew this was just an audio thing. But after that, I haven’t had a repeat of ATC disappearing since.

I can offer that so far, as things for people to try and offer feedback of results.

2 Likes

I have recently started doing longer flights since getting the PMDG737. This has happened on EVERY flight. Still not fixed. MS/Asobo not delivering on the product as advertised/sold.
Lost ATC.PNG

4 Likes