[BUG LOGGED] Cannot hear ATC instructions and other aircraft suddenly while AI copilot still responds

M3,

It does not seem to be tied to any particular aircraft being flown. It happens to all of them.

Hi guys, I wanted to know if there is a fix to the (no audio from atc). I joined msfs 2 days ago and have no idea if it’s just me or the game has a bug. I can only hear audio from my AI copilot.

Thanks

2 Likes

This is also my first time using this post. How do I vote for this topic. It says I have reached a limit but I have never voted before……

You need to be a TL1 (member) to vote.

See here: Trust Levels and How To Advance

1 Like
1 Like

I was struggling with this. On my Xbox x I spent two days trying to fix everything.
It was just suddenly stopped.

Solved:
I restarted Xbox, didn’t work!
I used “quit” option to force the game to exit and restart.
It worked. ATC was back as usual.

I’d suggest not to simply restart Xbox. Make sure ti quit the game

Here is a workaround that I’ve found to work during flight:

1.) Experience issue
2.) Switch to a different COM
3.) Initially, ATC will still be silent. Wait for a frequency change and ATC voices will return.

Make sure you have AI auto Communications turned on in the assistance menu for this workaround

2 Likes

45 minutes of flight prep, taxi out to runway. ATC drops IFR plan before I even takeoff. Then, no ATC options. Can hear AI communications, but I can’t interact with ATC. Very frustrating. this has happened so many times. Why can’t Asobo have an option to restart the IFR plan it it fails so regularly. It’s a pain to have to completely restart FS and do everything all over again.

Edit: Just shut down FS. And too late here to start another flight. Lame.

Here is a workaround that I’ve found to work during flight:
1.) Experience issue
2.) Switch to a different COM
3.) Initially, ATC will still be silent. Wait for a frequency change and ATC voices will return.
Make sure you have AI auto Communications turned on in the assistance menu for this workaround

doesn’t work for me

yeah, just tried it…no go either.

Did you wait for a frequency change?

yeah did a 3 hour flight and it happened just after take off . i swapped to offline i did com 2 and wait for frequency change nothing worked

I’ve experienced the “disappearing” ATC but the last few flights, I’ve had the opposite happen where I can hear ATC, but my co-pilot (who’ve I’ve relegated to do the radio communication) has gone silent. I can see that he’s responding in the ATC window and ATC acknowledges him though.

Happening in the beta. Like a lot. I mean rather quickly inflight and then a sim reboot is required to fix it. Not sure what’s going on. Maybe just be related to server issues and nothing to do with the beta. It’s not a pure audio issue. Like audio volume bug or something. You can see the ATC messages scrolling very quickly like the system doesn’t even try to « speak » them.

It’s an issue if you try to make some semi-serious flights as you can’t hear the messages especially stuff like landing clearance. Didn’t check if subtitles are present or not despite the absence of voices. XSX here.

1 Like

Well things have changed somewhat since my last post on this issue but not for the better. I have now begun to lose ALL communication - both ATC and my co-pilot - as if they have decided to maintain radio silence. There are no other aircraft trying to talk to ATC - nothing. Tried a few adjustments such as on/off text to speech etc but no way to get anything back.
No ideas…

Right now this is basically the only real issue I have right now.
For me, the ATC will be unresponsive, then I switch to COM2, then back to COM1 and it works again, but ATC will be silent while the PC/AI has audio.

Similar problems here, 4 months ago you could not get ATC to shut up and it kept repeating lists of 7 or more aircraft with exactly the same info, now we are getting the silent treatment, you are on a fool’s errand if you think it has anything to do with your PC’s Asobo are responsible it’s as simple as that don’t waste your time chasing your tails just go straight into Ticket Mode.

1 Like