Cannot hear ATC instructions and other aircraft suddenly while AI copilot still responds

Same problem for me, hopefully there is a workaround?

Another issue of something that was working and mysteriously was broken in an update for no discernible reason. Could this be related to ATC not knowing anymore how altimeter and flight levels work?

1 Like

Agreed, I am also being told by ATC to climb to correct altitude when I’m already at it…bit of a joke this sim but NOT as funny as Asobo are !!

1 Like

Not on my PC, I have made no changes at all and simply use regular Sony speakers but my ATC stops at about 50 miles out from the airport, I hear my co pilot respond to messages but do NOT hear messages sent to me and they do not appear in the ATC text message box either !!

Today I tried a flight and it happens again, however I was trying to find a workaround by setting both coms to the same frequency. However when I was handed off to another frequency on com 1, com 2 started picking up voices from controllers and other aircraft. Soon as I changed frequency to the same as com 1 the problem still occurs.

1 Like

This seems to be a common issue. I’ve flown the Cessna 172s and the TBM as well as Citation jets and all of which exhibit the issue. It is definitely something that seems to work during take off and like others noted, sometime in the middle of the flight it just quits. Text window just shows copilot and sometimes it will show both but can never hear ATC.

2 Likes

Yep, I have this issue all the while.
When it does work and I land I am told to contact ground but my option to taxi to the gate or parking is no longer available. All I have is taxi for take off !!!

1 Like

Well… It’s September 3rd and problem still going

It’s really, for me, after being handled off to centers. Departures are ok.

What I don’t get from what I read here is how a windows sound bug would interfere with the messaging. I don’t even get the text message transcription. How a windows system bug mix with that?

Also, so annoying “expedite climb to altitude”
Messed up baro from the sim.
Sooo annoying.

1 Like

Yeah, it ruins ILS approaches completely and ATC have you up and down like a yo-yo as they continue to give incorrect altitude call outs.
Yet another Asobo piece of brilliance that came with SU5… NOT !!

3 Likes

So still no fix even on WU6? I mean i have the AI pilot talking but no ATC (Sound or Text). I was hoping that SU6 will figure this out as SU5 screwed the ATC. They are completely non-existent.

1 Like

Today made a test flight KATL - KLGA (I still can’t believe there’s no KLGA addon).

ATC was ok during hole flight, it didn’t vanished.
Altitudes were right, no “expedite climb”.

I guess it was solved.

same problem here… ATC works sometimes, but right now I’m flying from KJFK to LFPG without it… at least there is noone to tell me that I’m xxxx feet below my assigned altitude, since ATC (before it went numb) told me to climb to FL250, 40miles away from the airport :joy:

1 Like

Hello fellow simmers i have taken it upon myself to help you in your time of need i understand that your having an issue with the ATC Voice during certain parts of your flight I’m currently running a test flight to see if this might be a temporary fix until the next world update comes out i am currently using ATC voice’s offline mode for this test if successful it might prove one thing that the true culprit causing the issue might be the AZURE servers themselves and not the offline mode or the text only mode wish me luck

1 Like

Looks like I’m experiencing the same issue you are having: ATC doesn’t want to talk to me - Community / General Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Try using the offline mode thats what I’m testing now as a possible temporary fix

1 Like

Looks like the test was successful

I have them on the offline voices and it’s still silent for me. I’m doing a flight from an Air Force base in Texas to Kabul Afghanistan and I have no ATC voices or text at all…the issue seems to come and go, but right now they’re not working.

Atc still calls out wrong altitude, Goes silent… Anyone else having issues with ATC?

They said this will be fixed in WU6 Aug24th update

1 Like

same I talk a lot to myself + ATC changes it’s mind very frequently regarding the assigned altitude