Cannot hear ATC instructions and other aircraft suddenly while AI copilot still responds

Yesterday was the first longhaul flight where i was able to hear ATC all flight long… I tryied to have both frequencies tuned the same, com1 had same frequency as the com2, and i was switching between then time to time… And suprisingly ATC did not went silent this time. Can anyone try the same to see what happens? Maybe it was just me beeing lucky, maybe not

1 Like

XBOX still silent, getting annoying when the system keeps asking me - can you hear me, i want to shout at it and say, “NO, no i cannot hear you :sob:” Have not tried the com2, but went through all the combinations fo sound output and accessibility and got bugger all. :frowning:

I find this strange as it has happened to me sometimes. The usual ATC voices are no longer heard, then it changes to different voices that are so different. My internet connection is pretty good, so I do wonder why sometimes these things happen.

That is probably just Azure servers being down. The voices are streamed I think, so if the streaming vioces drop then you get default ones. That isn’t the issue in this thread though, which is no ATC sound at all and no text ATC updates in window, just the copilot hearing the ATC and being able to read the co-pilots readbacks. It’s weird and random.

1 Like

Sorry it is a bit late but been having htis problem. I resolved it for me by tuning back on in Assistance Options/User Experience - Show message log in ATC Menu. Soon as the test was back so was the voice.
Hope this helps :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thanks for this will give it a try next time it happens.

Same here, two days in a row. I can no longer see or hear the messages from the ATC, starting mid flight on the default 747 and on FBW 320.
I will keep testing and try this tip!

Edit: two hours flight with the B350 (without mod) without issue. Could it be an airliner problem?

I have the same issue as well. Tried all suggested fixes and nothing has worked.

1 Like

Happened to me tonight, but only after I activated “Flight Assistant/AI Radio Communications (ATC)”. While I was interacting manually with the ATC, I didn´t experienced any issue.
It would be nice Microsoft/Asobo paid attention to this.

2 Likes

Did it come back again by switching back to manual ATC or is it a question of when it’s gone it’s gone?

Same for me, often after last update.

2 Likes

I also have the same problem… I love this simulator, but its hundreds of bugs and the lack of resolution, especially for the Xbox version, are starting to depress me…

3 Likes

I am also experiencing this issue of not hearing the ATC voices! I will Need to Check my settings but would be very weird as I didn’t change anything :face_with_monocle:

There’s nothing in the SU6 release notes that is addressing this. Please tell me this is going to get fixed this month.

After approx. 1 hour of flight I face the same problem. I can´t hear and see the ATC message.

1 Like

Had the same happen last night. It’s very annoying without a workaround. Managed a 2 1/2 hr flight today and ATC was fine. I can’t figure it out.

1 Like

I am also experiencing this. Down right annoying when your mid flight.

2 Likes

This is surely a bug that is not resolved by simupdate VI because I just encountered it on my first flight after the update. I had it before. I’m not experiencing it every time. I fly mostly with VATSIM anyway, but still. It should get fixed.

1 Like

Ditto. Only thing heard is “Co-pilot”

2 Likes

It has happened to me on PC as well as XBox so its definitely a cross platform thing. Haven’t tried SU6 yet, but didn’t see it mentioned in list of SU6 fixes. It’s very annoying when it randomly happens though.

1 Like