Cannot hear ATC instructions and other aircraft suddenly while AI copilot still responds

I had this frequently, but not since the SU6 update on October 20. I have had a couple flights, with all communications heard and on the screen. the SU6 notes have this vague item " * More optimization work has been performed including performance issue with Real-time AirTraffic after a long period of time". Anyone else??

1 Like

I’ve had this issue for some time

I’ve still experienced the ATC issue on (XBox X) since SU6. It still can happen. Not tried on PC yet.

I have the same issue too, especially when I start with AI ATC off and then turn it on later.

Yeah it happened to me. I was headed from JFK airport to Los Angeles International airport, about not even 2/3 into the flight, the ATC went silent on text and on audio. I figured they would fix that bug by now… but I guess not,

Happens almost every single time since SU6 now (never experienced it before), and now it totally ruined my long haul :frowning: I tried to use AI option to control ATC, because otherwise I could not hear or see any instructions, but even then my ATC got randomly disconnected. And after reconnecting they always gave me 10K ft lower altitude - so I had to go up and down all the time.

What’s even worse it was happening every 5 minutes and finally my co-pilot couldn’t even acknowledge the alitude change.
As the final resort I tried to go forward in time for the descent phase but then my plane just stalled and crashed due to overstressing.

1 Like

Confirm after SU6 its every time

2 Likes

Agreed this bug still exist, and its getting old and grey hair now.

2 Likes

SU 1.20.6.0 hasn’t cured my ATC voice problem. Can sometimes coax ATC back into action by repeatedly clicking the “COMMS Frequency” selector at the top of the on-screen ATC Log Panel, but then ATC voice usually cuts out again part-way through a sentence. Is there a “voice buffer” in the FS2020 software that’s getting overloaded… just like an exceptionally busy air traffic controller?

This issue is still persistent in 1.20.60. Mid-flight I stop hearing voice from ATC and stop seeing their messages in the ATC window. Curiously, you can still use the ATC window to ask ATC for something and can reply, even though you never hear their response or see it in the ATC window. I’ve attached a screenshot showing this behavior.
20211025084844_1

2 Likes

Just an update. I have not had this issue for the past 7 flights. One thing i did notice was that i only had the issue if i set the autopilot to deal with ATC and then asked it to do lots of comms for FL increase. For the past few flights i have not turned on Autopilot ATC until i have asked the final ATC FL increase. Once i have acknowledged it i then turn on the Autopilot and it never seems to fail. Is this something you are experiencing or is my issue different??

I agree, it’s been a problem since su5. I anticipated a fix with su6 as I read many times a fix was coming in su6, but… it’s still here.

1 Like

Is anyone getting this using manual ATC rather than ai pilot ATC? I’ve been using manual (it’s not that hard to do) for a few days now and I haven’t lost ATC audio. Going to carry on with manual and see how it goes.

It also happened to me several times with different airplanes

1 Like

Same thing just happened to me in the base 172. Latest updates, no 3rd party addons. Tried disabling Azure for text to speech, no difference. Even if I manually change radio to ATIS, nothing but silence.

1 Like

same issues…

1 Like

Same after Sim Update 6

1 Like

I was having this issue infrequenty, but non the less still annoying esp. on long flights. Just over a week ago I switched over to manual ATC instead of CoPilot ATC and I’ve not had this issue.
Honestly manual ATC is a breeze as it involves little more than hitting the ‘1’ key to respond to ATC is a timely manner and again to auto tune the next required ATC frequency. Hopefully the Coilot run ATC sound disappearing bug gets fixed soon, but in the meantime give manual ATC a go you may like it better anyway.

How come this has not been addressed? It has happened since SU5 and I think there are quite enough tickets and complaints on the forum that at least one dev would take notice. This is so annoying. :roll_eyes: I was about 30 min till the end of my flight and ATC decided to go to a “special” encrypted com or something to only talk to my copilot. ATC communication didn’t show up in the text box nor could I hear them… But my copilot could. I guess I need to give ATC a little kick back from my flights? Lol :joy: Come on Asobo get these bugs squashed already. It’s been a year and the simple things like this should be fixed once and for all!

3 Likes

OK, for days and numerous flights now I’ve used manual ATC with ZERO issues with loss of ATC sound.
Tonight after landing I hand ATC and control over to ai copilot to do the taxiing, and guess what, immediately no ATC to be heard.
I try to start another flight after exiting that one, not once but twice and both times ATC completely silent from a cold manual startup from gate.
There are sticky settings with ai pilot that seem to be remembered/enabled even when you turned them off after previous flight. Even if you disable ai atc before starting the plane it still remembers the previous silent flight it would seem.
So it would appear that ATC audio loss is linked specifically to AI copilot comms mode.
I suspect I will need a FS reboot now to recover ATC audio and go back to manual ATC again.

3 Likes