[BUG LOGGED] Color artifacts and rough gradient, clouds like oil painting

I will be having a celebratory beer (or two) later today. Great news. Thanks for posting and thank you MS/Asobo for fixing and for planning to move this ahead of February. I can hope for cloudy evenings again.

Looks like @dlebedev angered the Gods and shared something he shouldn’t have :D. His post is gone. Well, no matter, some have seen it already and we can say that there’s plenty to be fixed in the upcoming release :).

4 Likes

Yes, the moderators rejected the link to my post, but here is the title of the topic.
can you find her

CLOUDS DENSITY | grain on the cloud - the solution to the problem

in this thread opened a vote to change the density of clouds in order for the grain on the cloud to stop annoying

Sorry for the delay. Doing some research, ‘I9’ and ‘2080’ encompass a large variety of versions. Also, if there are differences between those two screenshots, they don’t bother me and perhaps THAT is the real difference. :wink:

Sorry for the delay. I am not sure what providing a pic with no banding would prove other than it’s not the monitor. I suppose my monitor (not high-end) could be smoothing the boundaries between color bands. Good for me!

1 Like

This thread is about the colour banding (which affects the entire scene, including the clouds), for cloud grain/pixelation issues use the following thread instead.

2 Likes

Now everything is fine with the color

Thanks Asobo for fixing this. I am very happy about it. Already checked and I have no limit of joy

4 Likes

Post is restored :smiley:
See immediately above :wink:

2 Likes

Gods are merciful lol!

1 Like

i hope it will improve clouds colors also

can you give us some screenshots about clouds and color banding ?

I trust your judgement so you having ‘no limit of joy’ is hugely encouraging. I’m starting to itch for this mini-release now. Been flying very very little of late in anticipation of fixes.

2 Likes

I’m really looking forward to the fix… I really wonder what the sim will look like when the color banding is gone.

Could someone in participating in the public Beta post some screenshots which show that it really has been fixed? I would highly appreciate it.

1 Like

I’m playing in VR but it looks fixed to me.
I’m talking about the color banding, because clouds are another story. Even if I had two very pleasant flights through the clouds at night and during the day and didn’t experience any oily banding or too much pixelated edges, it depends so much of the clouds formation that I won’t jump into saying they’re fixed. I need more flying time.

One good point is that I could push back Clouds on Ultra without my FPS being destroyed.

3 Likes

Dang those clouds look AMAZING.

1 Like

That’s not the appropriate topic but unfortunately, nothing has changed. I’m on the latest beta 1.21.17.0 and clouds are still pixellated/with artefacts. It really depends on the clouds configuration though.
When I talk about the artefacts, I’m talking about this (taken during a lightning strike):

1.21.17.0, issue still happens:

But color banding is fixed and that’s what matters here.

1 Like

i only hope that they removed those volcanic clouds

1 Like

Yes me too. I think they are ceated when METAR says no clouds and meteblue says overcast. Or they are created as a filler when metar says clouds and meteoblue does not. I liked the weather as it was. Maybe not super accurate all the time but it felt realistic. And that is the most important for me in a flight sim.

Unfortunately, the volcanic clouds are still present. But there seem to be newer/better white/light gray clouds that I am loving.

2 Likes