[BUG LOGGED] Color artifacts and rough gradient, clouds like oil painting

I can deal with the clouds as they are now, for shure one of the compromises of the xbox port. They may not look perfect but ok.

But what really messes me up are excessive enlighted rural roads in the driest and dustiest Nubian desert far far away from any civilization. That is more of a reason to be angry.

Even here, in the middle of our wonderful industralized world, rural roads have no lighting.

1 Like

It shouldn’t be a compromise though, they promised the settings wouldn’t be dialled back and they have been.

I can cope with a few lights where they shouldn’t be, I spend my time in the skies, so want the skies to look good like they used to, they don’t anymore.

9 Likes

Oh my, if there were only a few I would really be able to take it.

2 Likes

2 Likes

@DaveBGaming Yep, it’s just not the same is it.

3 Likes

Wow this is really disappointing.
Seems like the whole fuss about performance gain was just achieved by reducing the overall graphics and rendering engine to a lower level. This could have also been achieved if users turned down the graphics from the beginning.
That way users with high end hardware could enjoy the sim with its full potential like we used to do.

This makes me angry because I know what the sim was capable of.
There are so many graphical issues from colors, shadows, reflections and especially AA. I don‘t understand why this isn‘t bothering more people.

8 Likes

Yes, you have hit the nail on the head here.

I think a lot of us have reached a consensus about what has happened. It would be great if we could really set up a plan to get Asobo to acknowledge this.

5 Likes

Yet another example of horrible color artifacts:

Imgur: The magic of the Internet - here’s a less compressed version of the picture

7 Likes

yes, yes. as I wrote above and provided a link to another conversation where there is a reflection that this is now how the rendering engine works.
ASOBO please, is necessary with it that to do that, will correct, to repair

3 Likes

look at this beauty, why they don’t bring back this night lightning without sepia mask ?

8 Likes

It sure was beautiful. I was watching videos I made for myself in tech alpha and I remember night flying was soo amazing. I remember approaching Sydney in a storm and I was actually soo immersed in it when I landed I took a deep breath and was like “WOW, now that’s immersion”

8 Likes

Seems Asobo tried improving performance wherever even if it meant a couple extra FPS. Visuals are being destroyed this way and they don’t seem to care as long as everyone can run on High/Ultra.

3 Likes

guys, take your pictures and show here the problem of graphic rendering
Help you gather even more facts about this issue
The visual part is very important so that there is a fix

2 Likes

Can you please tell me how to create a push-button vote in this conversation?

1 Like

Ugh

1 Like

the photo shows that the color bars are graphic rendering artifacts. rough transition of colors and gradient.

4 Likes

there is no understanding on this topic if color artifacts will be fixed tomorrow in the SU6 update

I will only say one thing that they are still in the dev assembly.

Let me remind you that color artifacts appeared after the SU5 update
in other discussions it is said that color artifacts appeared as a consequence of the optimization of the rendering engine. compression of textures causes such effects and artifacts in the sky, clouds, ground textures, etc.

1 Like

hello again everyone
decided to check one trick with the UserCfg.opt config

made the same settings for PC and VR this preset

{PostProcess
Enabled 1
EyeAdaptation 1
ColorGrading 0
Sharpen 1
Fringe 1
LensDistortion 0
Dirt 1
LensFlare 1
FilmGrain 0
Vignette 1
LensBlurMultiplier 1.000000
FringeMultiplier 1.000000
}

the sky and clouds look better.
The color stripes in the sky are almost invisible, and the clouds are fluffier and more similar to the appearance before SU5

This tutorial is only suitable for PC
for example my config

these parameters must be entered in two blocks
{Graphics

}
and
{GraphicsVR

}

I have a suspicion that the settings are being destroyed by lower lines in the config

if they are the same, the appearance will be better.
Let’s check it out together.

Write your results after checking it out for yourself and show your crinshots of clouds, sky, outside world