[BUG LOGGED] Consistent CTD when zooming in to the world Map

Turned off rolling cache. Deleted. Turn rolling cache back on. Resized slightly larger. (20GB was 8) No CTD anymore when zooming into map.

1 Like

in my case, the game re-created the cache in each case new within the default location ( %AppData%ā€¦ for Steam ). It ignored my former cacheā€¦ So , may be the cache is auto-reseted for each user. But in generally is the rule after an update : clear the rolling cache :slight_smile:

Tried applyign the hotfix, and even clearing the rolling cache, still getting the bug.

Updated the post with a video showing the fault (two examples, both taken on the hotfix version, and taken minuites from each other)

The hot fix didnā€™t help :frowning: still crashing if you zoom in too tight during day time.

1 Like

Same problem here, after HOTFIX keeps crashing. I canā€™t understand it. Everything up to date.
Thats a HUGE issue that Asobo must fix ASAP. Please let us know something, or possible solutions.

Thank you very much.

1 Like

I had fair few flights yesterday no problems, just started a flight in dreamliner, 45 mins in went to open map mid flight and screen froze, no CTD but froze and had to end task anyone else had this ?

I had fair few flights yesterday no problems, just started a flight in Dreamliner, 45 mins in went to open map mid flight and screen froze, no CTD but froze and had to end task, i know this was a bug many months ago just wondering if you have heard of this since SU5 or is mine an isolated incident ?

upvoted, same here.

I feel the same hate/love relationship to MS FS as I felt when I stopped playing itā€¦I started FS after like 5 months the first time again- 120GB download, which took half a day. Once everything updated ingame (another few hours) I could eventually fly again. At first I was stunned, because everything felt smoother with more fps. Little improvements everywhere, adjusted UI, a lot of new content ā€¦ many things IĀ“d have expected from the beginning onā€¦ but yay great! BUT THEN: ctd when zooming in my hometown airportā€¦ twiceā€¦ deleted rolling cash- flew landing challanges- Baron @ Nizza without gauges and inside textures- never mind- flew the mount everest thing-ctd when I turned off the toggle yoke- restarted once more, deleted some mods prior- flew the 747 landing challange and kind of nailed it the first timeā€¦ then the screen got stuck. No ctd, but just hanging in the menu- after a masterpiece of a landingā€¦ I never saw my actuel score. ItĀ“s raining outside and I launch Two Point Hospital again now. See you hopefully again, MS FS, in a couple of weeks or so. Sincerly, someone who just wanted to fly.

same thing happening to me

Same problem here, CTD 100% when zooming in on map to select gate

I deleted my rolling cache as mentioned by other users, and seems to have fixed things for now

I turned off rolling cache and cleared it, so now Iā€™ve got the map back, but whenever I hit Fly on free flight or any activity, it will still crash.

One thing I noticed in my world map and on this video is that instead of showing ā€˜zoomā€™, it shows a code (imput something).

It should look like this: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

The zoom options in the legends were not in the game before the SU5 patch, itā€™s like if when the patch was installed, this part of the game (and the Fly too, I guess) was not updated, hence the imput message in the legends.

But reinstalling the game does not fix the issue apparently.

Same thing here. If I quickly select a location and load in Iā€™m good. If I spend more than 5 seconds on the map Iā€™m done for.

2 Likes

Just updated the ā€œHotfixā€

Also followed a couple other user suggestions such as:

• Deleting the Rolling Cache
  • Turning Rolling Cache back on to a size of 20GB

Still Crashing to Desktop (CTDā€™ing) while zooming in on the World Map

I havenā€™t been able to fly in a week (1st world problem lol)

Gonna try loading in a flight quickly as another User suggested and Iā€™ll return with how that goes.

2 Likes

I can also confirm this issue is ongoing. Using Steam version, latest patch.

Just tried to be fast with loading in a flight plan that I saved via SimBrief - as soon as I clicked ā€œMoreā€ I received a Crash to Desktop (CTD) - latest Steam patch.

just started getting the same CTD and itā€™s consistent since latest patch. Never had it before so I think itā€™s related to the new Sat imagery which was recently added in SU5.