[BUG LOGGED] Elevator trim doesn't work as pre-SU5 and it's impossible to fly

It could be correct on some aircraft, but on the C172 is horrible, so it needs to change

2 Likes

Tried that… Result: just as awful. I hope Asobo will fix this asap. My current workaround is to let AI take over piloting for some time and when stable I take over again. Feel like a student again :cry:

same experience here: any change or adjustment of Elevator Trim Control adjustment causes +/- 100% deflection happens on mouse/keyboard or flight yoke.

Currently a student pilot training in 172 - this make the plane unflyable and is hampering my ability to practice.
This issue is not present in the Skyhawk 172S G1000. - but I’m flying a no glass cockpit and need the classic to work.

1 Like

I would recommend getting Xplane for your practice stuff. I’ve been trying to shoot approaches and keep current myself on procedures/fixes etc and MSF is terrible for this. Constant ctd, incorrect approaches, every update breaking something worse than before. With xplane you may not get the eye candy (just yet, they have some stuff in the works) but you’ll at least be able to get your muscle memory for your instructed flights.

1 Like

check content manager and update those planes, its now fix and the only problem is trim axis 50% travel

1 Like

DA40 electric trim is almost perfect however Cessna 172 and 152 are a mess.

Not seeing that myself. Looking at the yoke the sound is synced up with the trim buttons, go figure.

I’ve checked my content manager and everything is up to date. The trimming is still broken for me.

SOLUTION: In the content manager there was an update for the DELUXE addition. This downloaded an update for the Classic 172 and 152 (and some airports) This corrected the trim issue on the classic 172SP.

UPDATE: It corrected it visually - however it’s still way too sensitive, but at least flyable now

check for an update to the Deluxe addition

I have X-plane 11 and use it often too.

Pre update trim could be bound directly to a control axis. Now no matter what binding trim -100% to 100% results in the plane using the electric trim buttons. This is causing both incorrect relation between trim and the controlling axis as well as a horrible in game clicking sound from the button. This fact that these two separate controls have been inter linked is most likely the reason for all the complaints about trim

5 Likes

Trim is also broken for me . When im flying the bush trip with the xcub no trim works . Other airplanes e.g Robin dr400 working

Yip just tried my first flight since SU5. Trim is either fully up or fully down. Nothing inbetween is possible. Cannot roll the trim wheel anymore. Hard to understand how this could have been missed in testing. (172 Classic)

Edit (I’ve now read all of the above and so tried the deluxe upgrade in content manager, trim back to normal :slightly_smiling_face:)

Edit 2 - trim works but now I notice that the toolbar drop-down icon is permanently visible on the top of the screen. A constant immersion breaker.

4 Likes

Yep, definitely noticed this. It’s much harder to fine-tune the trim to be “just right” in SU5 because the wheel moves much faster than before. I wish they’d revert that particular change, or at least let us control how fast we want it to move.

For me in the aircraft I’ve flown, it’s not impossible to fly, but for others in this thread it seems like they are having a more extreme version of this issue. Definitely worth looking into either way.

Can confirm this is happening to me as well

Further to this issue. I had downloaded every update in the content folder but it made no difference to the trim issue. However last night, trying my luck in the Cessna 152 and waiting to take off I noticed the trim wheel was moving on its own, without any input from me. It stopped when it reached its max negative. I then manually set it to half way. I was able to take off without any issue. Before this the nose would rise alarmingly before stalling, no matter what I tried as the trim was unresponsive. Not a fix but at least I can get flying again until this issue is officially resolved. Had no issues with the 172 or the Aeromacchi either when I tried them out.

Try going to general option, under accessibility, change cockpit interaction system to legacy. That got the trim to work like it did b4 the SU5. It’s still sensitive but not as bad. The trim wheel on my Logitech multi panel, buttons I have set on my yoke, and the trim wheel I have on my Flight Sim Stuff Cessna throttle are all working now.

I get that clicking all the time now tho lol

Yes, that’s exactly what I noticed in the C72 yesterday, my first time flying in Sim Update 5. The trim buttons behaved differently, but I kind of brushed it off because those are generally used for larger adjustments. But the trim wheel (Honeycomb Bravo) was acting as if I were pressing the button, generating a clicking sound and making large-scale adjustments to my trim instead of the fine-tuning that the wheel is supposed to do, which is how it worked the last time a flew a couple weeks ago.
Definitely something off about trim in this update. Nice to know it’s not just me, so I feel more confident that they’ll address it.

2 Likes