[BUG LOGGED] Excessive LOD pop-in after SU5

I gave changing the LOD to 9.0 instead of 1.0 but i saw no difference , same pop up issue persists , i did change the file to read only too,
I see u guys calling for 200 and 400 settings , am i doing something wrong?!

Changing the LOD will not fix the object pop in that occurs due to culling. There is no fix, itā€™s like this by design unfortunately and another example of a PC game being gimped and downgraded so console users can play it.

Hopefully they allow those of us on PC to disable it, Iā€™d rather go back to lower frames and no pop in.

11 Likes

Its so sad really, i was so hyped for this, the terrain low res with the culling makes it look like fsx, my only hope is that it would be a server problem not the core coding

6 Likes
1 Like

Nope, the hundred naming just refers to what you set inside MSFS, where the current max is ā€œ200ā€. This is represented by 2.000000 inside the UserOpt.cfg. Means: either you refer to the MSFS internal naming and call it 200, 400 or 900, or, you refer to the UserOpt.cfg and call it 2.00000, 4.00000 or 9.0000. Same, same but different :wink:

1 Like

I start to think that this is true but it might very well have an effect on how fast and how prominent the culling is visible. As said, it could easily be that your rig simply can not cope with LOD higher than 200 (2.0000), even though FPS do not suffer if you put whatever high number there.

In VR, I often even have whole villages of AI buildings that donā€™t get generated at all!
Or only after MINUTES of hovering over the area.
And only the buildings withing a radius of maybe 200m get generated. The rest is just the flat satellite image.
Gosh this simā€¦ :confused:

2 Likes

ruined my experience. its a shame

2 Likes

So probably the Xbox needed the culling for it to run properly with less memory usage and now we donā€™t have an option to get rid of it on PC. I have 32 GB of RAM but it isnā€™t used. With trackIR this is very bad, when i look around outside i constantly see scenery popping in.

I donā€™t get why itā€™s so slow. A lot of games use culling but itā€™s never noticable.

8 Likes

Same here, the game is limited < 10gb of RAMā€¦ Same for the VRAM, canā€™t push it to 8gb.

1 Like

To be completely honest. I donā€™t see it at all

1 Like

The broken update and compatibility problems? Or the LOD pop-in behavior?

Iā€™m getting incredibly short draw distances and excessive pop in when turning left or right in the cockpit looking out of the window, its especially bad/noticable in big cities.

4 Likes

I have my LODā€™s at 200 in Ultra settings and im still getting pop-in. More on buildings that vegetation.

It would be great if you could cover this behavior on your channel and help get the word out.

Thanks for your great contributions to the community.

2 Likes

you have been xboxed

5 Likes

I think they could add fine tuning settings to the simulator, and let users set the LOD loading distanceā€¦ I remember fsx and prepar 3d have this option and it worked very well

2 Likes

Ehm, there is a setting controlling LOD in the graphics menue? What people talk about here is increasing LOD beyond this setting, this was already in FSX/P3D days only possible via .cfg modificationsā€¦

1 Like

This just looks terrible. Flying from JFK to Manhattan. The skyline is not visible and pops in as you approach the island. That was so much better in update 4.

11 Likes

hello

after SU5 for PC version , scenery Pop in like crazy very close to the aircraft and lod distance is too short ,also texture resolution beyond 20nm almost is very low and bland ,turning my head in VR is horrible since i see scenery loading everywhere

please return Graphics to pre SU5 quality or at least give an option to do so

1 Like

this absolutely needs to be a slider. the pop ins, stutters and lod (maybe for the culling) is awful.

4 Likes