Game unplayable with Xbox controller on PC since SU5! - Camera drift

SU5 broke the ability to play the game with an Xbox controller.
I’m using the Xbox Wireless Elite 2.

In either cockpit mode, Legacy & Lock, the cockpit camera just floats around weirdly and uncontrollably.
Mouse view (right click + drag) does not work in Lock mode. The game is simply not playable like this.
This affects the cockpit camera in all aircraft.
Sometimes that funky virtual mouse cursor dot appears. Instruments get highlighted, even though that option is disabled in the menu. Why all this made its way to the PC version is beyond me.

MS Store version, Zendesk 112136

Same here with this problem.

4 Likes

Please consider upvoting this thread to make this visible to the devs. Cheers!

4 Likes

Same issue I deleted the view axis on the cockpit camera to stop it happening.

Hopefully get a fix soon

That was the first problem I found when starting the game after update. I have an Xbox controller attached with a USB cable, no matter what I tried, nothing worked, only when disconnected the sim cameback to normal, then the CTD’s begun for one or other reason. I hardly ever had them before SU5. How Asobo had this happens, proves the point of quality control, rather the lack of it, and we are all doing beta testing for them.

3 Likes

More like Alpha testing… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Same here. Game is unplayable because of this. And when you switch to the default controller preset all of the keybinds are so messed up that that makes it unplayable as well.

6 Likes

Happens to me in cockpit view, and as well on the map screen menu.

Oddly enough it doesn’t affect the external camera or drone camera.

4 Likes

I have a same bug.

Pray that Asobo will correct this quickly ! :pray:

5 Likes

No use for prayers, cancelling game pass subscriptions might speed up the process though.

8 Likes

I haven’t tried yet but will later on, can you set the Xbox controller up just for drone view still and will that stop the random “camera floating” taking place in the cockpit when the controller is plugged in? Or does it take no notice and still move regardless (As in a bug)

As thats the only reason I have the Xbox controller plugged in for drone mode but since the update, the camera just moves on it’s own. Unless they have reset the bindings again or part of the overall bug with having a controller plugged in.

2 Likes

It only affects cockpit camera/interactions as a side effect of the Xbox port.
They didn’t separate versions so PC players are now stuck with this unplayable Frankenstein’s Monster of messy code.

4 Likes

Sounds like we could do with a hotfix then!

3 Likes

To say the least, yes. Should never have happened to begin with imho.
They’re preventing a fair share of their core audience from using their product.

2 Likes

Same bro this is not made for PC it’s only for xbox series X

5 Likes

Let’s set their Zendesk on fire. :fire: :fire: :fire:

3 Likes

Also here. Xbox controller in cockpit camera does not function. Game now unplayable. Win10, Steam, etc.

4 Likes

Welcome to this sad club mate…

3 Likes

To fix it, set the controller profile to default and then unfortunately you have to map all of your preferred controls from there then save the new profile. You may CTD while doing this as something is wonky with the interface.

It will stop the drifting issue.

1 Like

Sometimes (read as in almost every patch) I begin to wonder if Asobo test anything before making the patch public.