Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant trim wheel suddenly very insensitive (as of World Update 4)

Here is an example: seek to 1:28 in this youtube video:

You can see one turn of the wheel moves the trim setting indicator a significant amount. Compare that to in-game where it barely moves now.

3 Likes

I have the same trim issue. Also. When I press esc to do stuff. When I resume the flight mixture and pitch roll back to zero in the Sim. This needs to be fixed also please

1 Like

Yepā€¦experience this last night too.

Same issue here as well.

Because joystick buttons are mapped to it, Joystick buttons donā€™t have sensitivity. They are either ON or OFF. When the trim wheel is moved, it sends a joystick button press ā€œONā€ to MSFS.

I thought there was an axis or on off for it. I think if it is mapped to an axis, there should be a sensitivity setting tied to it.

Can anyone confirm they opened a bug in Zendesk with the developers? Otherwise iā€™m going to.

For now Iā€™m using the left side toggle switch button on the yoke for elevator trim.

I opened a ticket with Honeycomb, but not sure how far that will get us.

1 Like

But the Honeycomb Bravo trim wheel isnā€™t an axis but an encoder that registers two button clicks?

1 Like

Hi All !
I also experience the same problem with the trim wheel as I think all users of the Bravo Throttle have. Donā€™t worry about any open tracks I think that Asobo is aware of it as from the latest World Update 4 and a fix will be released soon. I remind you that, as explained in previous messages in this topic, that moving the wheel very slowly allows anyway to use it almost normally. It is not ideal but it works. In the meantime you could also attribute the trim up/down to one of the 2 black vertical 2-way switches (if you have the Alpha Brabo Yoke).

1 Like

How can you be so sure that Asobo is aware of the problem, yet alone providing a quick fix? It took them 8 months to fix the 10 degree heading bug, a relatively easy issue to reproduce. And as others have pointed out, the trim wheel now works as supposed. There is really nothing wrong with it.

What I would like to see, as Iā€˜ve seen someone mention in this thread, is a sensitivity setting for the trim wheel. But with the way the trim wheel is currently implemented, I canā€˜t see how Asobo can quickly add this to the sim.

Does anyone know I FSUIPC has a way to speed up the trim wheel?

1 Like

I hoped the wheel was an axis and not a button, that fairly disappoints me

2 Likes

You are correct, it is an encoder which used to work great :blush:

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure they are aware of it but with the million peple playing the game and the fact that Asobo is working closely with Microsoft, Iā€™m pretty sure that they implement a list of things to develop and fix, with priorities, based amongst other to a forum like this one.
Iā€™m a real pilot on ULM (Coyote Rans S6) which has no trim wheel so I canā€™t say if this is working now as supposed. But for sure the wheel has to roll very slowly in order to have an in-game impact.

This can be solved with FSUIPC which can be used to calibrate the trim wheel. Itā€™s 30 euros though, and not very use friendly, but you do get other advantages like controls that change when you change aircraft for example.

1 Like

It is totally exclude for me to pay 30 euros more to have this running as it should :slight_smile: It has to work ! Bravo Throttle costs 249 euros I think we can have something running fine for that price !

3 Likes

Not disputing that but was just highlighting that there is an option here available just now, especially if people have already purchased FSUIPC. I think there may also be free alternatives

Thatā€™s true, itā€™s not cheap but on the other hand 3rd party tools such as FSUIPC, spad-next, Axis and Ohs etc offer many more options to properly configure the userā€™s controls. I have a Bravo too and default config is more or less fine for most things, however since I began programming mappings via spad-next (mainly based on these profiles) Iā€™ve managed to create much more useful scenarios without even reading the documentation or having to write code as the GUI is relatively intuitive if you find a couple of ready configurations (I think you can still write more complex scripts if you want to).

I can now control the degrees of heading knob at will (1, 3 or 10 degrees per click), set the trim wheel to register for e.g. 3 clicks per input instead of 1, assign buttons to do specific things under specific conditions such as control transponder modes with the same button I also control various other knobs (e.g. Altitude), choose to display either DME1 or DME2 data on my Logitech Radio panel (until I get a second one), create additional scenarios for Elgato Stream Deck and so on. And each of these profiles is configured per aircraft type and easily selectable. Itā€™s a far cry from MSFS default controls which put a hard limit to what I can program on my controllers and after a week of using them I canā€™t really go back. So it was $90 well spent for spad-next (had to go for the complete edition which also offers support for Elgato and MIDI controllers such as Behringer X-Touch Mini).

The trim wheel on the Bravo is not an axis, but acts as two buttons (up/down) so there is nothing to calibrate. Although by manually editing the FSUIPC config file you can trigger multiple key presses from a single event. Although for binding in general I would rather recommend SPAD.neXt or even some free tools like Joystick Gremlin.
I personally regret buying FSUIPC, because it doesnā€™t really add anything unless you dig deep into manually editing configuration files which have a horrible syntax. What you can do in the UI is basically the same you can do in the sim itself. Except maybe automatically switching profiles when changing airplanes. Thatā€™s the only thing it adds. Anyway I wouldnā€™t buy it if it had a proper demo version and I could see how limited it is compared to previous versions for FSX, P3D etc.

1 Like

Yes, indeed :slight_smile: One other nice option I think, at least for general aviation, is to attribute the trim up/down to one of the vertical 2-ways black switches on the left side of the Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, or any other such switch on a Yoke that provides it. Or simply by affecting the trim to the mouse wheel, which could be a good alternative and you can fix your mouse on your Throttle to make it more realistic :slight_smile:

1 Like