[BUG LOGGED] Landing Challenge Scores are Nonsense

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #? 126505

I don’t understand why my scores are sooo disconnected with my landing experience. The methodology for scoring is shoddy at best, and the “Ground Roll” must be factoring in some invisible centerline that is disconnected from what I’m seeing on my screen. Is anyone else disappointed the the biggest gamification component of the game is so poorly executed? What sense does it make to tell me my score if you can’t show me where I touched down, how I deviated from centerline and how my latest score compares to my last 20 attempts? If I’m going to try to get better, I’m going to need some more information than, “C,” just because an arbitrary calculation said so.

Urgh, so frustrated.

Prior to SU5 I made some really dicey landings and got rather high scores for them. They seemed to have gone too far the other way. If ground roll is a function of how far you go down the runway after touching down, the user has very little control over that with a plane without reverse thrust. If you land with no throttle at just above stall speed and immediately apply the brakes, the roll distance is simply physics. How you would get a really ground roll low score with those parameters is a bit strange.

It does seem a bit random to me sometimes, but that’s probably because I can’t see the landing point, and don’t look at my descent rate at the time of touchdown, so there’s no way for me to verify that it’s not accurate. If you ask one of the people in the top 100 they would disagree with you. When I finally completed a near perfect landing in a 747 I knew it was good and scored 1.6m, so I don’t agree overall. It can’t be accurate some of the time and random at other times, it either works or it doesn’t.

I agree though, it would be great to see a side and top view showing the landing lines taken, so we can access the descent rate, landing position, and roll lines.