"Legacy" mode when interacting with cockpit instruments/switches got nerfed

You lock the inner knob by holding the left mouse button and then press the right mouse button to push it.

1 Like

In regards to the Garmin GPS and Autopilot (PUSH) button issues, I figured it out. Before this update, all I had to do was LEFT click on the PUSH button and it worked. Now, considering I have a gaming mouse with several other mapping options, the dev’s simply moved the PUSH button feature to a different key on my mouse. That’s it. It’s not broke after all. My silly mistake I guess. Thanks for the replies. I started messing with it after I commented here.

That still won’t give you instrument values unless you enable the new “lock” mode.

If there is a combination of settings that gives you the small tooltips WITH values, please post it here.

If you use “lock” mode and disable “instrument names” you at least remove one of the four pop-up squares. That’s how I set it up for now but it’s still a terrible UI design.

1 Like

I’ve just fumbled around for 20 minutes and gave up. WTH??? Can anyone point our how this is suppose to work? I came here to the forum hoping someone would explain it. There’s nothing I can make working, and no instruction about the supposed “update”. Why??? I’m not againsts change, this is now unplayable.

Why on earth would you change the default setting for hundreds of thousands of PC users without warning them? I thought the sim was busted. Why do I have to read a string of forum posts just to figure out how to fly a sim I have already been flying for 12 months? If its a windows version, default to the Legacy. Its just so non-sensical. How did the beta testers not give them an earful about the stupidity of breaking a working system and not telling or warning anyone?

I want to like this sim. When it works, it looks so good. But I am getting so sick and tired of appeasing the XBox players with minimalist options/UI.

6 Likes

Look at this marvel of interface design

“Hey, do you know you can pan with this joystick? But… do you know you can pan HORIZONTALLY? Hey, me again… do you know you can also pan VERTICALLY? Oh, and if you turn it it does this other thing… Hey! No need to look at the Autopilot panel …LOOK AT MEEEE!!! Have you tried PRESSING it? Do you know it’s also a BUTTON!? What a time to be alive”

I mean, seriously Asobo, WTH! Do you really need to spell out to people how to use a virtual joystick? Man, sometimes if I have no clue how to interact with an instrument I simply Google it, in the end these are real-world aircraft with real-world instruments that have instruction manuals and guides. Not every.single.thing has to be explained in-game.

Locking the instrument to make it easier to move it with a controller makes sense. Assuming Xbox users have the IQ of a potato does not.

15 Likes

Go to content manager and update your premium/deluxe packages. Interacting with various cockpit instruments (in premium/deluxe aircraft) is broken until you update these.

1 Like

Good luck explaining that to some of the Xbox crowed.

The Xbox Community will be heavily (though not exclusivly) populated with ‘arcade gamers’ who just want a quick fix rather than trying to learn something in any kind of depth by going away and putting in some graft.

Welcome to the new world of compromise in favour of making money by appealing to the widest market.

PC games, particularly sims used to be the preserve of discerning gamers who wanted to take the time to learn. They were a niche in a niche market.

But that doesn’t bring in the $$$ now does it. So rather than create an ‘MSFS lite’ exclusivly for Xbox, the PC community is being sacrificed on the alter of ‘cross platform compatibility’ whilst being told ‘this is a good thing as it brings more people into to game’ - yeah right. Wait till VATSIM is full of kids driving aircraft into other aircraft, calling maydays just to get onto the ground quicker or just plain abusing the radio channels.

Not impressed with where this is all going.

10 Likes

This is like getting in the sim as a ‘newbie’ however you didn’t go to the menu and select ‘newbie’ I find it insulting. If your ‘new’ then make the ‘blue’ controls show then for them. Also I’d say the interface from what I tried is very non-user friendly.

1 Like

They’ll announce “fixes” for all this for SU8-9-10 by when they’ll hope we’ve adjusted and forgotten about most of it. The very announcement that it was coming to consoles should have been warning enough about what would happen to the UI and other things. Heck, we can’t even adjust the time slider with the fineness we used to. How and why was something as simple and functional as that broken?

7 Likes

Totally agreed. The mouse thing needs to be fixed ASAP. It’s totally ridiculous.

2 Likes

It’s bad news when even default key presses don’t work!!!

This fixed all of the problems mentioned above for me. Aside from the (major) UI issues, my experience so far is that this update seems to be a big overall improvement over previous builds.
Quite poorly implemented, but a big improvement nonetheless.

VOTED! Bring back dynamic small tooltips to the “Legacy” mode. Legacy… really?! I can’t set my Baro pressure correctly as I can’t see the numbers without ridiculous zooming in and in VR it’s almost impossible

3 Likes

Yes Please bring back the dynamic small tooltips. Argh can’t even vote the topic up for fixing since not ‘having enough replys to vote’. Undid ‘old’ votes supposedly and still cant ‘new’ vote.

You have to spam 8 times than - as a reward - you are allowed to vote:
Out of votes - Community / General Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums
(Now I have post No. 5, another three to go)

1 Like

Exactly. :grimacing:

This is awful.

Voted on this.

“Legacy Mode” should mean Legacy Mode, not some hybrid. The all seeing blue eye thing is very very annoying and a bit insulting really. We all don’t need to be spoon fed, some folk here have been doing serious flight sims for years. I for one want realism and immersion, not a console hybrid.

Performance increase is great so far, but at what price?

3 Likes

Remove it! Easy…Asobo :innocent: