"Legacy" mode when interacting with cockpit instruments/switches got nerfed

Absolutely , I knew I wasn’t the only one that experienced this ■■■■-show. I really hope Microsoft will fix this mess up as it makes the experience unbearable , I reinstalled the game as I thought this is a bug , but it’s not which is incredibly infuriating

1 Like

Legacy mode please

1 Like

Also for the Autopilot I find it nerfed: Heading Knob or Altitude Knob doesn’t tell me anymore over which function the mouse hovers. Decrease or Increase or Set to Current. I imagine its the same for interior lighting knobs with multiple scrollweels.

1 Like

Voted. Percentages should have stayed with the tooltip. Also there’s no way to disable the tooltips now?

3 Likes

So many different bugs,my quadrant (thrustmaster) wont work properly with airbus, autopilot is almost useless. Like everyone else here hoping for a fix soon.

1 Like

Had the same reaction initially.

I still don’t like it on legacy mode, and its a clear step down from what it was before.

It also feels less snappy, especially when using the mouse wheel to rotate knobs… it just feels sluggish.

3 Likes

Yeah they totally ruined everything the sim is unplayable.

1 Like

I been unable to zoom in and out since the update.

Zoom feezes, unable to select items on the toolbar or click switches.

1 Like

Same here i will also add that if you zoom the cocpit close up it freeze so you cant bank the plane you have to zoom out to be able to bank the plane again its totally messed up.

This is what I most disliked about the latest update. it motivated me to get additional touchscreen monitors running for PFD/MFD and assign some buttons from the yoke and TQ. Minimal interactions now with onscreen cockpit however, I’m only flying small planes so its easy enough to do away with it. be different for the big jets. Might be time to get a streamdeck running too.

Which I would really recommend, at least for GA aircraft where you can actually fit enough controls to cover most scenarios. It helps reducing the need of zooming around the cockpit as well.

I really hope they get the tooltips in Legacy mode back to how they were. And even then they were not optimal - add a tooltip font size and an opacity slider to the options and it’s the best way to customize your tooltips to work on a TV as well as sitting close to a big PC monitor.

Are you on “Locked” or “Legacy” interaction mode? Did you try to reset your mouse control profile to Default?

1 Like

I am on legacy mode and my mouse has alwayys had a default setting.

With the video I watched about stream deck it seems that there’s enough in there to fit all the jetliner controls too. When I upgrade my yoke and TQ to the Honeycomb system that will take care of a lot of controls.

Not really, you can have multiple pages and the bigger one has many buttons, but you need to be aware that you can’t bind everything to them.

With the free plugin FlightTracker you get only access to SimConnect variables and events. Airliners have so many custom knobs and switches that are not exposed via SimConnect so you’ll see the limitations quickly.

There’s another plugin that allows Axis And Ohs API usage which has more potential, but you need to check if that suits your needs and if you want to spend the license for A&O.

Got an update on Steam a few minutes ago and I tested the Legacy mode and tooltips again and there were no changes.

With the new update, I can’t even start the engines on some aircraft. The Cessna Longitude, the Start/Run button doesn’t work.

Asobo we really need the old tooltips back such how it was in SU4. Right now the immersion is gone and percentage is missing as you know it. Also the tooltips text block are way bigger. I know its for the Xbox gamers who sit some 4 meters away from their tv’s but most simmers sit closely to their screens. Adjusting the size for PC would be fine. Thanks.

3 Likes

Help…since last 2 up-date,not able to program any button in the cockpit of any plane. The button become blue when I try , to put the altitude of the plane with the ALT button for example, What can I do to resolve this? Not able to fly with autopilot…

Lets petition for the old tool tip to return for pc users.

3 Likes

Hello everyone, a bug has been logged to bring back % while using the legacy interaction system for cockpit.

14 Likes