Live/AI Traffic Missing Lights

This has become a mighty problem since SU5 was introduced and it is quite the immersion killer especially at night on VATSIM.

I’d absolutely love for this to be fixed asap - I’m not sure what exactly had been changed to cause the problem but it’s integral to the experience

17 Likes

Totally agree with you guys. It’s been 1 month since there are no lights. One simple hotfix should fix that real quick…

completely agree. hope for a hotfix or at least a statement from the devs. I can barely see other trafic on taxiway on vatsim…

1 Like

Not holding my breath that it’s brought up in tomorrow’s Q&A.

1 Like

I was hoping the missing lights on aircrafts would have been solved by now , but it hasn’t.

2 Likes

It’s been pushed back to a later date - see here

I agree though… it should’ve gotten some acknowledgement from the developers by now :frowning:

Looks like we did from Jayne in another thread, targeting SU6. It’s hard to weed out all the noise on update day :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

When is SU6 supposed to be out? I think this fix should have a high priority since it destroys very much of the gaming experience…I mostly fly at evenings/nights so I really cross my finger for a fix soon

5 Likes

Ah… Thanks for the link. Glad to see it.

2 bugs what should have been fixed in the hotfixes last month ai traffic lights and ai traffic not departing from the gate, go back to basics and get it done right, stop releasing stuff what is breaking the sim, please no more world updates this year just get the sim to a standard where your not thinking are you going to CTD

10 Likes

Why is that the community can fix an issue so quickly (see the mod for this) yet it takes Asobo an age?

This should’ve been a PRIORITY to fix after YOU Asobo broke it in Sim Update FIVE.

Why? Why is it taking so long to continually fix things you broke in the first place that were working fine before?!? Please get a move on.

9 Likes

The big difference is that the temporary light fix mod is using a very simple and old ELECTRICAL section from FSX times. It is basically circumventing the modern MSFS 2020 code that is broken somewhere.

Hi! The IVAO stuff I don’t actually use anymore - I download all the liveries from flightsim.to for anything I want to see, then run the modelmatching magic program also on flightsim.to to make a custom VMR. ultimately there’s no perfect option and it’s quite time consuming, but FSLTL are making great progress making a single package to solve this :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, I really appreciate your answer, thanks man!
Then I won`t install IVAO liveries, only flightsim liveries for the airliners I have installed in the sim, i.e: Aerosoft CRJ, A32NX, Default A320 etc… and use thye modelmatching magic to manage them until FSLTL make us life easier.

XboX release has brought as many bugs so far… THis one is a Big one, immersion at any time of day is destroyed…

1 Like

I have for VATSIM the FBW Livery in as custom modeling matching, the lights are only on the same Livery and the settings of strobe/NAV Landing lights etc. are the same as i have set on my own aircraft, when i switch off the strobe on my plane (swiss livery), all other AI on VATSIM with swiss livery switch off the strobe! All other Liveries are dark:(

So it looks the light is set to to the livery, and not to the settings the have from simlink (VATSIM)… :frowning:

1 Like

I take the opportunity of this post to say that when the AI lights was visible, the green navigation light was too bright. Basically, distant AI plane only looks like a green spot, and this is not what I see when a see a plane by night.
do you think the same?

MODERATOR TRANSLATION:
Does the FSLTL make a package for everything, i.e. Vatsim and Livetraffic? Then the problem with Vatsim MTL would also be solved.

Macht den FSLTL einen Paket für alles, sprich Vatsim sowie Livetraffic? Dann wäre ja das Problem mit Vatsim MTL auch gelöst.

MODERATOR TRANSLATION
Hello!
Yes, absolutely - it works for all traffic, including offline AI. It’s going to be really great.

Hallo!
Ja, absolut - es funktioniert für den gesamten Datenverkehr, einschließlich Offline AI. Es wird wirklich toll.

1 Like

MODERATOR TRANSLATION:
HI

Very good! Is still in development, hope does not go too long. In any case, I’m very excited! ^^

HI,

Sehr gut! Ist ja noch in entwicklung, hoffe geht nicht mehr allzulange. Bin auf jedenfall sehr gespannt! ^^